HubSpot Ideas

Hal

Time in Deal Stage

Really need a report that shows a list of Deals in the Pipeline and how long each individual deal has spent in it's current stage. I can't believe other users aren't clamoring for this... very inportant!!

152 Replies
CarlMumford

This is a key metric for us. I note this article which may go some way towards answering the need: HubSpot Community - Calculate and Report on the Time between Two Properties - HubSpot Community

lpodolsky
Participant

The Hubspot gang refuses to make this happen. I've been a customer for 2.5 years and still no progress. No customer should have to do any workarounds to extract a metric that is already being captured in the background. Come on Hubspot! Don't make me switch to SF!

JB_MD
Participant

I really hope they make this happen. We are a growing business and this is becoming more and more of a headache for us.

CarlMumford

I have found a workaround using workflows. Create 3 custom fields in Deals:

1) 'today's date'

2) 'date entered current stage'

3) 'time in current stage'

Add a series of workflows as follows:

1) updates 'date entered current stage' field when the stage is changed

2) daily schedule 3am that updates 'today's date' field

3) daily schedule 4am that calculates difference between above fields and populates 'time in current stage'

Seems to work OK. Have then extended that with additional if/then workflow to compare 'time in current stage' with a target for each stage and flag another custom field called 'late in stage' which can then be used as a focus for follow up

I trust that all makes sense

FosterVA
Thank you for your effort, I hope the message board finds it helpful. Lets hope Hubspots makes our life easer and just fixes this simple problem. That so many would like to use.

Richard

dwf
Contributor

Along with Time in Deal Stage, please include a way to see which deals moved (this week, month, etc.)

The lack of these two features is infuriating!!

vanessahunt
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Critical for measuring Deal velocity and stagnating Deal.

Please can this be added to the roadmap as a priority for 2023 😄 

MrBean
Top Contributor

I would prefer properties rather than measures that are only accesible through reports personally. But I understand that stages can change and that may be difficult to do.🤞

isacab
Participant

I don't even work with deals that much, but since I am the most experienced Hubspot user at my company many colleagues come to me asking for help with reports, and it's been a headache trying to figure out this specific thing. I hope Hubspot gets working on this because it is really is a key metric.

IamHubSpotter
Participant

has this been resolved yet, or has a reasonable work around been suggested. this is more important than many of the existing features and reallt should be prioritised....

FosterVA
I have not been told this is resolved just work arounds its been four years still no movement

IamHubSpotter
Participant

-How many upvotes is required for this post to get a refreshed response?
-Is there anyway in which the development worklist can be made published for the users to vote on importance of features?
-Could you share some of the chalenges in getting this feature right (assuming it's difficulty was an issue as referenced here : https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Calculate-and-Report-on-the-Time-between-Two-Properti...

as such the community could brainstorm some possible solutions?

-The workarounds require an enterprise account which limits the users even further.

-what else can we do to stimulate production or at least some feedback on this?

TCornRain
Participant

SUCH a critical metric that takes way too long to back into for us to hold the team accountable to their pipeline. 

Unterlek

This hasn't been bumped in a while.

Would be a really useful tool. We (and I guess many) companies have processes where pricing is valid for a period of time.

From the point that a deal becomes a real opportunity (for us it is a site visit) our pricing might be valid for 30 days. We store the 'Target Contract Date' and from that point on, having a field that calcuated the current date vs the future date and the days between would allow us to trigger emails to let the customer know that the contracting date is approaching, and to communicate things that need to be finalized.

The only workaround that I can think of would be to have a custom field in Hubspot that we would need to build something to automatically update it to todays date every day which seems like a really easy thing to build in.

Note: After writing this, I found this for those on this thread which seems like the workaround that I was thinking about: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/How-to-create-a-Today-s-date-date-property/m-p/389836 - we'll implement this for the time being but this should be standard functionality

Unterlek

Also it doesn't seem like this would work for contacts only - for deals (our use case) I think it will

FosterVA
Thank you for the idea.
TWilder

Need a today() function to help calculate number of days between [date field or constant] and today. I can't belive it doesn't exist.

Example: Number of days = Today() - [Record create date]

AGonzalezB

Hello i create a report to visualize in Deals section, the days by stage for each oportunity in the pipeline, but it doesn´t show the days in the current stage. Please support creating this option. Thanks.

AFranc

Please !! let us this option ton show since how much time deal is in the current deal stage. So important to track records who needs to.

ELauter

Commenting as this would be SO useful for me too