HubSpot Ideas

Hal

Time in Deal Stage

Really need a report that shows a list of Deals in the Pipeline and how long each individual deal has spent in it's current stage. I can't believe other users aren't clamoring for this... very inportant!!

152 Replies
PTaghizadeh
Participant

Hey has there been any update on this? Would be super useful and seems like it should be a pretty basic function

FGalskov

Really looking forward to this one too. Extremely important Sales and CS KPI

AllenHelms
Contributor | Diamond Partner

To be able to track things like Deal stages and custom Lead Status values, we need this. A report is good, but the ability to capture and count timestamps between specific stages/status would be even better so we could build our own reports.

Good Sales VPs are always wanting to know the progress we are making on Leads and pipeline that's generated and we can't replace Salesforce in several clients until we can do this basic calcuation inside Hubspot.

Allen Helms

HubSpot/Salesforce CRM Consultant

www.organicendeavors.com

richard88
HubSpot Employee

Hello! I agree on this one, would be very helpful to have a time in current deal stage metric, or another helpful workaround thats easy to pull together. Perhaps getting access to the time stamp of the deal stage update to use on the front end so we could subtract todays date from the date entered stage. 

I do think we could perhaps update with a workflow a custom date property to be today's date and a custom property to be the date in which the deal stage last changed, but it would be preferred as a native feature. 🙂 

DeepakTalwar

We also need this feature stage wise. 

DeepakTalwar

Eventhough We are able to handle this with some Tweek

Right now we have 7 stages in a pipeline.

For that we created 7 date properties and 6 Custom Equation properites 

Through work flow, When ever a deal moved between stages say from stage 1 to stage 2,

1.  We insert time stamp when that event fired in date property (date 2 here)

2.  We also compute time different between date 2 and date1 in Custom Property (Custom Property 1 Here)

State 1 already have its date (Deal Create Date)

We Can use Time difference Saved in each Custom Property, As Time Delay between Stages in our Report. 

AverageTime.png

MGampp

needed for us too

RHeintz

This is really important data for us, please develop something for this!

WCrandle

BTW, we tried to do this using the HubSpot API and Tableau.

The results were all jumbled, and we thought we must be doing something wrong.

We contacted support, who set-up a call with advanced support guy who told us the HubSpot API doesn't always work, it misses dates and times.

This is probably why they don't have this feature in place!

"That is honestly just the HubSpot Apis not returning data correctly. Some of the ones we use are still in beta."

ssibelle

This is really needed! This is really necessary for age based calcualtions and while this could technically be achieved with a workflow updating every record on a daily basis it's a very cumbersome workaround for something that would be used by a lot of people. 

Eckhaus

If Hubspot wants to have have Sales Hub this is really critical , cannot believe it has been 3 years since the first requests and still not built 

sidsaha
Participant

This is such a basic requirement that I really can't understand why Hubspot has not been able to address this yet. Will try some of the workarounds proposed.

sidsaha
Participant

Hey, I came across this - https://blog.hubspot.com/customers/use-automation-keep-tight-sales-pipeline

It seems like this partially addresses the requirement of this thread. I think we should be able to build off this to see how long a deal has been sitting in a stage.

WCrandle

@sidsaha thanks for sharing, crazy you have to create your own workflows to do this.  Even their API doesn't consistently capture the dates a deal moves into a stage.

sidsaha
Participant

I managed to implement the worflow recommended here (https://blog.hubspot.com/customers/use-automation-keep-tight-sales-pipeline) and it seems to be working fine. However, we are currently on the Sales Pro plan and hence don't have access to Calculated fields. So is there any way to actually get a report of how long a Deal is sitting in the stage without using a Calculated Field? 

Bareld
Participant

100% agree, we even thought to build it ourselves with a custom property and a workflow but workflows can't substract 2 dates and calculate the number of days.

Real pain.

sidsaha
Participant

@Bareld Yeah, so what i did figure is that you don't need workflows to calcuate the difference between 2 dates and I think it's possible to do it even in the Sales Pro plan. What this does need though is yet another custom property for each deal stage that will hold how long the deal is sitting in that stage e.g. "Time spent in Contract Sent". We can then try to populate that property by calculating the difference between the current date and the date on which the deal entered that stage . At the time of creating this custom property, you need to select the Field Type as "Calculation" and then in the next screen select the Calculated Property Type as "Time Between". 

However, in order to implement this Time Between function, we first need to create one more custom property called Today's Date (again a basic requirement that Hubspot should be providing for). I am in the process of trying the suggestions here to do that - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/How-to-create-a-Today-s-date-date-property/td-p/389836.

For those, who missed my earlier post in this thread on how to capture the date on whcih a deal entered a stage, please refer to this blog post https://blog.hubspot.com/customers/use-automation-keep-tight-sales-pipeline. While in the blog post, the date is created as a Contact property, I feel it make more sense to implement it as a Deal property instead of a Contact property.

Will post here if I can make this work.

Bareld
Participant

Thx!!! for update and clarification. 

sidsaha
Participant

@Adam-SixandFlow Hi, in your post on Nov 5, 2020, the third step you mention is 

• Report = all deals with "Calc field" >7

Can you share how to do this? I've built out the calculated field that captures how long a deal is sitting in a particular stage. I'd like to now create a report that shows the number of deals that are sitting in the same stage for >7 days, >15 days and >30 days. Can you suggest how to do that?

smcmillian
HubSpot Product Team
Hi,

I'm one of the Product Manager for HubSpot's reporting tool. Thank you all for leaving your feedback on this thread. We're still working on a solution to expose this data for deals and other HubSpot properties/objects. At this moment, we do not have a roadmapped solution. This thread will stay open, so please feel free to leave feedback.

Best,
Stephen.