HubSpot Ideas

Hal

Time in Deal Stage

Really need a report that shows a list of Deals in the Pipeline and how long each individual deal has spent in it's current stage. I can't believe other users aren't clamoring for this... very inportant!!

152 Replies
rachelhering

This is needed. We pull this data currently from salesforce.

Anita1
Member | Gold Partner

I have some very keen clients for such a thing.

CHampton03

I need this so badly! Please look into this. I can't believe this doesn't already exist.

shatton
Participant

Would be super helpful! Also when deal stages are skipped due to rapid movement, it would be great to get those counted in the % conversions too!

lpodolsky
Participant

Hi, Leaving feedback: This is a MUST HAVE piece of reporting for managing deal pipelines. Definitely a standard calculated field in Salesforce. 

slepoidevin
Contributor

Same here, so important! We need to be able to build reports off of this in order to make sure reps don't let any deal sit in a given stage for too long (eg. report of all the deals currently in stage X that have been in stage X for more than X days).

Laureng47
Participant

Same! This is such a critical metric for ensuring deals are moving at the right pace and to unstick deals that are stuck in a stage. I'd like to add a +1 to desperately needing the "today's date" property to do my job as a sales leader properly with hubspot as our CRM. There are a variety of other reports I that I can't produce in Hubspot as well because of this missing piece. 

RDAMA

I agree with all the comments above. This is an absolute must have for deals. Sales Managers keep an eye on aging metrics carefully

Jarrad

Relatively new to HS after substantial time on Salesforce & Pipedrive

Couldn't believe this isn't already in place, very basic sales metric

Ben7
Contributor

This has been flagged well over three years ago. Please can we have a solution?

joy1

Agreed, very important data! 

Adam-SixandFlow
Member | Elite Partner

This is genuinely a critical function if you are going to compete with other CRMs. How can a sales team set and keep SLAs if they can only look at the time spent in stage retroactively? Please fix it or bring in a "Today's Date" field so people can work around it using a calculated property and some basic automation i.e.

• Enters deal stage > set date picker to "date of entry"
  • Calc field = time between "Date of entry" & "Today's Date"
  • Report = all deals with "Calc field" >7
  • Automation = id "calc field">7 notify salesperson and manager.

This is a huge hole in the system and is going to cost your partners deals.

RDAMA

Adam

I ended up creating a workflow that triggers each midnight (again using very complicated logic - as it is not possible to do it in Hubspot directly) and that sets a date picker variable with the value -- Day of Step. That is how I have simulated the "Todays Date" variable.

CSLeader

This is needed for us!

CSLeader

This is sorely needed!

RDAMA

CS Leader. Reach out to me. I can provide you with the workflow I used to recreate this

Adam-SixandFlow
Member | Elite Partner

@RDAMA I didn't see your original reply otherwise I would have reached out! Would you be able to share your workflow logic? It would be greatly appreciated!

RDAMA

Sure just drop your email address

@Adam-SixandFlow 

natedame
Participant

This would be very helpful as well!

SarahX
Contributor

Not just deals, but for tickets too--'time spent at status'. I can't believe this is not a standard feature.