HubSpot Ideas

BenjaminRazi

Ticket workflows need more than Ticket Received & Ticket Closed emails

With ticket workflows, we can send customer service communication emails confirming a ticket has been received or closed. But for any other status like open or waiting, we've to send marketing emails.

This means that contacts who have unsubscribed won't receive customer service ticket updates when a ticket moves from status open to waiting. Also, new tickets will be created when customers reply to these emails.

To solve this, we've to manually send out one-to-one emails.

As an example, in a situation when we're waiting for the customer with ticket status waiting, we want to trigger a workflow sending two email reminders to the customer.

We're migrating a customer from Zendesk to HubSpot, and in Zendesk, we can do all this automatically.

Give us the ability to create customer service communication emails we can use as part of ticket workflows in any status stage of a ticket flow.

Not just "Ticket Received" and "Ticket Closed".

Ticket workflows need more than Ticket Received and Ticket Closed

3 Replies
adamtk

Wonderfully put Benjamin Razi!

SWilsonA4u
Top Contributor

As a new user I didnt appreciate the fact that creating an email to initiate at any ticket stage trigger would be marketing and therefore subject to opt out. Its logical when you know. So thank you for the educaton and also raising a great feature development that I agree is much needed!

Serretta
Participant

I wanted to automate follow up emails to users that hadn't responded responded and managed to get a workflow along the lines of 

If ticket in "Waiting on Contact" 
    Delay for 7 days
    If contact is unsubscribed or opted out from Tech Support emails (a subscription type I made for tickets)

send internal notification to ticket owner to follow up manually

else

send 'marketing' email follow up to user

Just had to make sure tickets would be unenrolled if they moved to "waiting on us" status and set the pipeline to move to that status if the user responded. Also had to make sure tickets could be reenrolled

Serretta_0-1606283705556.png

It's not perfect but it does help a lot. Would be great if hubspot made a proper feature for this!