HubSpot Ideas

bcarter

Ticket search to include email content

Currently the search function for tickets only displayes results based on the name of a ticket.

Quite often when searching for a ticket/email the title is not known, which leads to frustration.

The solution I have found is to search via contact information on the contact page instead, however I wonder if it would be possible for the search funtion to also search the content of the ticket/emails.

2nd to this, and perhaps more viable, is the ability to search for email content from the "search activity" field within a ticket (see screenshot below).

Currently this only searches for email titles, but this is not often helpful when all the emails have the same title. It would be more efficient if it could search the full content of the emails in the ticket.

Search Activity.PNG

29 Replies
DMcCaskill
Participant

Would love to be able to search on associated contact info to the ticket as well!

Mugyver

Any updates on this? It is imperative that we be able to search through all tickets for ticket content.

Thomas_Vanguard
Participant | Platinum Partner

This would be very helpful for customer service.

Gaspar

More then 3 year later, and it's still not possible. very frustrating. My conclusion is that hubspot is just not good for a real tickiting system due to the lack of this feature. Best work around we have is to put error codes / messages in the ticket title, because then it will be found. But in many cases you want to search inside the emails. In that case, we go back to our shared outlook folder and we will search there. This is not the way how I want to have it implemented but the only other option is to go to a different ticket system and that is also something I don't want to do. Very bad of Hubspot that this basic feature is still not available.

PRaczka
Participant | Diamond Partner

+1

Another feature that makes the HubSpot Service inferior to, for example, Freshdesk as a separate tool

LJam23
Participant

This would really help us as well. Ticket subjects don't always -- actually, rarely -- contain the info we need to search. It makes the search feature worth very little to us. We need to be able to search email body content in a ticket.

Luciaayala01

Hello @hubspot 

Any updates on this? Similar to a lot of other commenters, we also use Hubspot for all of our incoming support/ and issues so we must be able to search tickets using the body of the ticket instead of just the tittled. 

Gaspar

No, no updates. However I think they are forcing you to upgrade to the more expensive professional version as in that version you can make a knowledgdebase where you can search in. I didn't try the feature myself however I think that that will be the only way to have a good database to search for solutions. If someone else has a better idea that is possible with the starter version, it would be great to hear. For now, we made our own knowledgebase on a shared networkdrive and word documents and just use the windows search function. Not ideal, however we couldn't find a better approach yet.

baob
HubSpot Employee

Hey Team, leaving this feedback on behalf of a customer - when searching for tickets, the results that turn up include irrelevant results & is not arranged according to relevance or alphabetical order. This gets frustrating when we have over 100+ tickets and searching for a ticket doesn't help in returning the desired one despite keying in a relevant search term. thanks!