HubSpot Ideas

DigitaWeb

Ticket name management

It would be useful to be able to manage the way ticket are named. Especially when the tickets are automatically created with Conversations.

For instance, an user could set the Ticket name to be : Email subject + Contact Name and Company.

As the number of tickets increases, this will help to prioritize and manage them.

25 Replies
RBozeman
Participant

I completely agree with you that it is crucial to be able to prioritize and manage tickets effectively, especially as the number of tickets increases.

One issue with default HubSpot ticket names is that they can make it difficult to discern one ticket from another, which can impact ticket deduplication and ticket association. For instance, if two tickets have the same default name, it can be challenging to identify which ticket is associated with which conversation or contact. This can lead to confusion and delays in resolving customer issues.

Having more control over ticket names would definitely make it easier to use tickets, and manage them (dedupe and associate as well). 

Also just wanted to mention that Insycle can help with this, allowing you to rewrite ticket names using any field in your database. We recently published an in-depth article about HubSpot ticket names and all of the issues associated with them that you might find useful.

Ryan

JStaerck-Weil9

Please Hubspot change this feature, it seems to basic to not be a thing already 😉 Thanks! 

Bruno_Teixeira
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Agreed

bsm007
Top Contributor

+1 on the need for this

BKnott
Participant

Hi All,

@BDecker I had a chat to HS Support, and suggested a similar workaround, but for a contact based workflow. 
HubSpot Support reckoned that this won't impact the ticket name in the inbox... that it will always be based on the automatic name. BUT I just tested a workflow, and disproved this theory. 

BKnott_0-1694650020553.png

Obviously in Practise the trigger would include the automated Ticket Name: 'New Ticket Created from Form Submission', or use the Form submission as the enrollment trigger. 

The association label is not and essential step in this workaround - you can achieve the same thing with 'Any Associated Ticket', however, this can become an issue if a contact has multiple tickets associated with them. 

Wanted to share my findings. 🙂