HubSpot Ideas

DigitaWeb

Ticket name management

It would be useful to be able to manage the way ticket are named. Especially when the tickets are automatically created with Conversations.

For instance, an user could set the Ticket name to be : Email subject + Contact Name and Company.

As the number of tickets increases, this will help to prioritize and manage them.

25 Comentarios
interr0bangr
Participante | Partner nivel Elite

Seriously, how is this not a thing yet?  I'm consistantly wowed by the lack of seemingly basic (at least for a platform that claims to be centered around automation) features like this.

Maltte
Miembro

Hi,

Naming a ticket based on the properties on the ticket would definitely help in ticket management.

Is this possible?

jmbray
Participante

+1 for the ability to rename inbound tickets would be very helpful. We have multiple sources for tickets (phone, chat, and email) Being able to show "Source: Customer Name - PropertyXYZ" would be helpful.

AnnieRECIPE
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum

+1! This would really support the team from a high level visual perspective! 

LAkossou
Miembro

+1 

PatrickJ
Miembro

+1! This would help our team with ticket management a lot

DKushpler
Miembro

+1 have the same problem - tickets are created from many different forms and that whould be great to have them named after the event or the name of the form. 

DSantamaria
Participante

My customer Jonathan would also like this feature developed 🙂

noeIboss
Miembro | Partner nivel Elite

+100

simonm93
Miembro

+1 How is this not a feature yet? 

BenjaminGust
Participante

For me, it's lack of ticket number in the ticket name:  https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Enable-Ticket-ID-to-display-in-subject-line-of-all-em...

I agree that adding any properties that we want would be awesome.

ELichon
Colaborador

^ Agreed above. Current email threading (in client's inbox) operates off of the subject line, and if they submit a ticket with the same subject line (since we can't add in a unique identifier like ticket #) the old ticket will group with the new ticket.

KGeys
Miembro

This is definitely a needed feature! 

AFreemerman
Participante

Please add this- we should be able to automate the ticket name like " Company name + Property ABC"  its impossibl.  to manage tickets when the names of the tickets must be done manually. 

1stClaas
Colaborador

We are also looking for allowing a workflow here. Our use case is the inbox and tickets for billing issues when customers reply to invoices or payment reminders. In German the ticket name was then something like AW: Deine Rechnung. It would be way better if it was possible to add company name, MRR, user name etc. to the ticket which is all available data.
+1 

Lauren_D
Participante

+1. There is clearly a ton of support for this idea from the actual users of the platform, so it's confusing that this hasn't been implemented yet. We've been on Service Hub since it was first released and have been asking for the ability to create custom ticket names since we came onboard (vs. the customer entering their own ticket name and us having to go in and manually rename every ticket). 

We wrote in to support recently and were told we could use automations to name the ticket using "ticket properties" but not "contact properties" This is so silly! It can't be that odd to want to use a customer's name + the ticket category / whatever else as a naming convention.

Please allow customers to use the existing hubspot properties as an automatic naming convention. This tech clearly exists in templates and snippets, so please move it over to the form fields. 

DWohlers
Miembro

I would just like to append the customer name to the ticket name - so essentially "Company Name - Email Subject".  The company logo on the Kanban view is too small, and I'd like to be able to tell the company the ticket is associated with just reading the ticket names.

SStatham
Miembro

any update on this please? not being able to add company name in the ticket propities seems crazy! (on a card view rather than list) thanks

BDecker
Miembro

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the solution to this is to create a workflow for your tickets based on any of the ticket properties that exist. For instance, you could create a workflow that triggers when the source of the ticket is chat. You can then make the action to set the ticket property Ticket Name to whatever you want. You can also use personalization tokens to grab form info and put it into your new ticket name.

Here is a simple example we use to rename tickets to people's names. But you could absolutely make this more complex with if/then statements or just create multiple workflows for different reasons.

BDecker_0-1653519288380.png

ERamos1
Miembro

This would be a great addition, maybe they could make a token as they do on other things to generate ticket names automatically based on criteria