HubSpot Ideas

MKruseck87

Ticket Templates

It would be awesome to have different properties for different types of tickets, and even further customization to be able to have different tickets for different pipelines. That way each team/client gets its own ticket types.

19 Replies
PeterC
Top Contributor

I agree.  Can't believe this only has two upvotes, and one of them is mine!

When trying to set up something like "sales" and "support" tickets, the two ticket types (pipelines) need different property sets - but you can't currently achieve this.  So you end up "dumbing down" the ticket properties to the point where both teams can use them - only to find half the information you need is now not being collected!  Frustrating.

KarolinaOlczak
Participant

I would love to be able to customise my tickets as well a bit.

In my case, I need to be able to access easily Background URL from the ticket - this is one of our custom contact properties. To solve customer's issue we need to be able to move quickly to his account within our application - at this moment we have to manually copy his email address and search it or go to the contact page and access it from there.

I'm dreaming about the possibility to simply click this from the ticket's right side, where I can see contact information 🙂 

PeterC
Top Contributor

Great idea @KarolinaOlczak!

Hope you don't mind me copying it Smiley Tongue (I'm giving you an upvote as payment.)

You can do it with a Workflow - but only if the Contact related to the ticket is associated with a Company.  (The enrolment options are different for Contact-based workflows... Why HubSpot?!) 

1. Create a "URL" custom property on your Tickets (if you haven't already).  I used a single-line text property.  When the text contains a url, HubSpot presents an icon to open the link in a new browser tab.  It works great.
  2. Create a Company based Workflow with the enrolment trigger set to check the Ticket property: "URL" = Unknown.
  3. Use an If/Then branch to check the "URL" on the Company Is known (this is just error-checking because some of our companies don't yet have the URL data filled in.).
  4. If "URL" on the Company Is knownuse a Copy Property action to copy the Company's "URL" to the Ticket's "URL"

You may need to edit the default properties on your tickets to show the "URL" link.

KarolinaOlczak
Participant

@PeterC 

Thanks for the suggestions 🙂

I'm trying to set it up, although due to the specifics of our company, the backend URL may differ between company and contact. 

Unfortunately, as you have mentioned, the contact based workflows are different and the company based workflow doesn't allow me to choose my custom contact property.

I tried as well with ticket-based workflow - but then my end result is to copy the backend URL from ticket to the contact, so the other way around than I actually need it. 

macbleser
Participant

Came here in search of the exact same feature.

We really need the ability to customize the default ticket properties for each ticket pipeline. This would be hugely beneficial when both creating and viewing tickets.

This feature would be even more powerful in tandem with this other feature request regarding the ability to set default email templates for each ticket pipeline: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Default-Email-Templates-per-Inbox/idc-p/300884

User22

My vote is submitted as well for this.  The ticket can quickly become  'irrelevant' when there is too much to choose from when each pipeline has a unique workflow/user need.

mikloso
Participant

Agreed!

Ashleymccu
Participant

Agreed! And even further ability to add prepopulated fields in the ticket description 

ElBr
Participant

Agreed!! 

LChatchatrian

Agree! it will also save lots of time for people who work with Tickets often. 

SSimon7

I agree. Can't understand why this feature has been delivered. 

AGiam
HubSpot Employee

Posting on behalf of a customer - He uses the ticket system to log service jobs and to record various bits of information. 

It would help to have different ticket properties for different pipelines, and to be able to create templates for ticket properties such as the ticket description to save time filling it up again and again.

A further ability to set the template to be dependent on another set property would be good too!

KDavisNY

Companies and departments have different types of requirements and tracking for tickets. It is not a one size fits all. Having different fields and layout depending on the ticket type will be a helpful addition and would increase use of the Hubspot platform.

BHorváth
Participant

It is very much needed. Different ticket creation templates should be available and customizable based on pipelines and teams!

jpleht

This feature would be really helpful to our organization, please prioritize this!

Participant

Agreed!

Lowe
Participant

Please bring this feature to Hubspot! I'd love to be able to have a variety of templated tickets for our teams. we could integrate day to day jobs into HubSpot so much better!

Stonehands

This is a much needed feature that can further optimize workflows and save time when creating tickets. If you have a common type of ticket that is created frequently, a template makes ticket creation trivial, consistent and mistake-free.

daisyalmaguer

Dear Hubspot,

I am the Customer Success & Community Manager at my company and this idea would be incredibly useful. Reason being is that my personal method of keeping track of all tickets is through my Support Pipeline. That said, I also open up "internal-facing" tickets with my team, which usually happens in another system (in my case, it's Notion). That said, we have a template that we use for tickets in Notion, similar to snippets. It'd be really useful to apply the templates functionality to tickets as it would save me time in not having to copy/paste between both places.

That said if anyone has a workaround, I'd love to hear from you!

Sincerely,
Daisy

P.S. I'm new to posting in the Hubspot forum, appreciate any tips