HubSpot Ideas

brewmjk

Ticket Reporting (Created Vs Closed)

I would welcome the ability to see tickets created vs tickets closed in a single report vs two separate reports. I want to have a bar chart of daily created vs daily closed to easily compare are we closing tickets out as fast as they are coming in. If anyone knows of a better way to do this that I just haven't been able to build please let me know.

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also trying to ascertain the method of reporting Created VS Closed tickets and the associated percentages of success daily. 

Crawfish

Did this ever get resolved? Seems like a basic request?

MT_FI

Im also looking solution for this. 

Crawfish

Does anyone from hubspot have any feedback?

SarahPascoe

We would find this useful too

DarioAquino

Hi, we are also looking to have this feature, it would really help us. Looking forward for your feedback, thanks in advance.

SHoffman8

Running to the same issue here. We need to be able to see on the same dashboard total number of open tickets and how many tickets were closed out. Right now, showed closed tickets on the same dashboard represents the create date only which leaves out any other tickets that are older than the timeframe applies to the filter.

ISoobiah

I am also looking for a way to track total number of tickets that are still Open versus no. Closed per day. Running into the issue of only having the 'Create date' available to sort by/use as the x axis in any graph report, when I want to compare our total numbers day-on-day instead. Any word from Hubspot/suggestions from the community welcome.

Shuler
Participant

This is what I did:

I created a field (I called it Ticket Class) as a drop down, and set my options to "Open" and "Closed". When a ticket is created, I set this field to "Open", and when the ticket enters the closed status of any pipeline, I set this field to "Closed" - from there I have in the Company two roll up fields that count how many tickets are Open or Closed. This way you should be able to report on how many tickets were created in X time frame, that are either open or closed. 

Eternal_Warrioz

This is so basic of many Ticket Systems - I love you HubSpot but come on! Why are us users having to figure workarounds or be told we need to upgrade for this...

Its not like the information does not exist! You ask us for it when we configure our Ticket Pipelines and Statuses... Just make it a reportable property

Eternal_Warrioz

@brewmjk + All - Here is my current fix that requires the ability to be able to create calculated properties (Professional and above):

Depending on your needs either the first or the second (or both) properties may need to be created.

--------
THE MAIN REQUIREMENT -  We need to create a custom ticket property that allows us to group tickets by our desired option e.g. Open or Closed (or Created vs Closed): 

Step 1. To do this go to Settings > Properties > Select an Object:  Ticket Properties > Then Click the button that says "Create Property" and fill in with your prefered Property Title and Description

[NOTE: As long as you can see the create property button you can choose the Object Type you want to create your property for so don't panic here - Just make sure it is a Ticket Property]

So long as you end up with something like this:

Eternal_Warrioz_0-1711379758111.png

Step 2: Make sure the field type is "Calculation" and click build Calculation:

Eternal_Warrioz_1-1711379882186.png

Step 3: Should be easy to get this stage - Depending on what you want your reports to show there is an important note here:

• IF you just want a True or False Statement to show as the result > Select the Output Type to be Boolean.
  • IF you prefer labels that make more sense - Select the Output Type to be String. 

Now for the main requirement I prefer a String Output because True / False becomes very confusing depending on the depth of report you are building.

Step 4: Let's build our Calculation - which is luckily even easier for us if we hijack some of HubSpot's work for us. 

Since HubSpot automatically records the date when a ticket is Closed for us we are going to use this as the main property for our formula.

The formula is very similar to what you might do in Excel as an IF statement: 

Feel free to copy and adjust the string outputs:

if(is_known([properties.closed_date]), "Closed", "Open")

In other words if the Close Date of the Ticket is known (any time) then Report the Ticket as Closed, Else report the Ticket as Open.

This should look something like this:

Eternal_Warrioz_2-1711380755545.png

Don't be afraid to test the formula as highlighted using the Sample Output area below to test the close date when it is blank and when it is populated.

Step 5: Create your new property - Boo yah!

-----

OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT: One DATE field to control them all! 

So HubSpot comes with lots of handy date fields to store when a ticket is created and closed but not one that can be displayed as one reportable date property. Enter the Custom Calculation to build a New Date Property that shows either the create or close date based on the previous property we just created.

Here we will go ahead and repeat steps 1 through 3 from the main requirement (I like to store this property under the Group "Ticket Activity") and call it what you want - Mine is currently called "Ticket Status Date" (though it's a bit ambiguos I admit... so include a good description).

OPTIONAL REQURIMENT Step 4. Create a Date output Calculation:

The formula will be slightly different depending on what you named the Property in the main requirement but should look something like this:

if(([properties.ticket_open_or_closed_v2] == "Closed"), [properties.closed_date], [properties.createdate])

In other words if the property we created earlier equals Closed > Pull the Close Date ELSE report the Create Date.

This should look something like this:

Eternal_Warrioz_3-1711381588242.png

Now you have two properties to build the most complex or simple Ticket Reports you may need.