HubSpot Ideas

ElSpeedbumpo

Ticket Owner automation

It would be very beneficial to have the option within Ticket workflows to have a Ticket Owner auto assigned to the person who closes that ticket or even changes the status.

Reasoning for this is my team works at different times, and in different pipelines, so by default we have all tickets unassigned. 

Asking my team members to assign the ticket to themselves (another thing to find on the long list of properties to the left of the ticket view, and then another thing they have to click and select) is too much too ask. Currently the process to assign a Ticket Owner goes as follows;

1. Click the ticket owner window

2. Search for a ticket owner

3. Click the owner

4. Click save

Way too much clicking invovled to justify the action. 

I need to be able to see how my tickets my agents are closing, but don't want them to have another thing to do when it seems like it can be automated within the system. 

29 Commentaires
FusterJ
Membre

Yes please. This is exactly what I am looking for and it seems archaic to not have this standard. Any team with multiple members need to be able to have tickets assigned to them and it is way too tedious to ask your team to have yet another property to update

Merit_Jackson
Membre

I also think this should be a feature. Members of my team often neglect to assign tickets to themselves when responding to customer requests.

BruceTrevarthen
Membre

YES, and urgently, this is a major pain.

crush
Membre

Or al least make it way easier for someone to assign the ticket to themselves. One button click, but I agree, ideally no buttons. 

tbernier
Participant

Two possible variations on this would be:

1. Have a "Take ownership" button where when clicked would automatically assign the ticket to the user, alleviating the steps described earlier, of having to find the property, and type in your own name and then select it.

2. In the Ticket Owner property field, have a "ME" option, much like already exists in Deal Owner filters.  This eliminates the need to type in your own name all the time.

Olaf
Membre

Great idea - and an absolute must-have. The current options to assign an owner via workflow are not sufficient for us. Best option would be a combination of the options already mentioned here in the chat:

1) A "one-button" option to "TAKE" ownership of an incoming / new ticket.
2) If no owner was assigned in the first place, then have the agent assigned as owner, who replied to the ticket.

mattgen180
Participant

Wow...I signed up for Service Hub without even asking if this was an included feature because it seems so straightforward that it would be. In all of the competitor's products I reviewed before choosing Service Hub, every single one had this option. 

stvrk
Participant

We've partially solved this by having a ticket workflow that assigns ownership to a rep who has created an activity related to the ticket. 

Enrollement: Ticket owner = = Unknown ; Activity Created by == Known

If/Then Branch: At least one associated Activity has Activity Created By ==

1) Rep X -> Set Ticket Property Ticket owner to Rep X 
2) Rep Y > Set Ticket Property Ticket owner to Rep Y 

3) Onwards.. 

It requires some set up even when the team is rather small..

So, a button or such to "assign to me" would definitely simplify the work.. 

Serretta
Participant

Thanks stvrk that helped me to set up a similar workflow to solve my issue. 

It's still not perfect, would be great if hubspot added the one click button to take ownership 

AGalland
Participant

+ 1

Annica_Stähly
Membre

Would be a huge help!

A-Purve
Participant

+1

JJumatay
Participant

We need this badly. We were used to Freshdesk where the ticket owner is automatically assigned, so my team often forgot to assign the ticket owner.

CGoodwinOlsen
Contributeur

We would like this functionality, for example to automatically set a Ticket Owner to the current user when they set a ticket to Closed. We have so far used 2 different workarounds to address this:

• Make Ticket Owner a mandatory property for the pipeline status Closed - the downside is that a pop-up window then appears everytime a ticket is set to closed, even if the ticket owner is already set
  • Use a workflow which resets the Ticket Status to Open if the ticket is closed without an owner - the downside is that it's not obvious for the user why the ticket isn't closing.

Please add functionality in workflows to set the Ticket Owner property to "current" user!

fiberpunk
Contributeur

This is something you should be able expect at least from a Service Hub Professional plan and higher, so yes please add this, or at least add a <current user> option for setting ownerships in workflows for a clean "workaround" ...

SarahMayo1
Participant

Please implement this! This is a major gap in basic expected functionality. I appreciate the benefits of having my ticketing solution within the Hubspot ecosystem versus maintaining another integration, but over the past 3 years I've been using it, it's still far from being a best-in-class solution.

tcxen
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Platinum

We want to automate this based on Contact or Company owner.

i.e. if Ticket Owner is Unknown, but Company Owner is Known, copy Company Owner to Ticket Owner.

We set up a workflow to do this, but it won't re-enrol new Tickets coming in and only works for the first Ticket for each Company.

Similar thread here about assigning Ticket Owners based on Conversation Owners: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Assign-Ticket-Owner-to-Associated-Conversation/idc-p/...

It has been 'In Planning' since Jan 2021.

This seems like it should be an essential feature.

AaronBoatin
Contributeur

We are trying to switch from Zendesk and the behavior requested in the idea is how exactly Zendesk handles it.

HubSpot, we're trying to give you more money.

Please fix this oversight to have parity with Zendesk. 🙏

neilmanalo
Membre

3yrs in the making ang still counting. hoping devs will see this request.

PAspås
Membre

+1