HubSpot Ideas

trudy

Threading individual emails in sequence

Sometime I just want to thread one or two messages within a sequence, and not the whole thing. In Yesware, this can be done simply by leaving the subject line blank next template that you want to thread (Yesware will automatically add a re: subject line).

To be a valuable option that is comparable to Yesware, Hubspot also needs to add more customizability in threading rather than just all or none.

70 Replies
Growthbean
Member | Partner

i would not rely on them -- hubspot does not listen to 99% of the feedback and if they do usually it's just to reply saying that it's not a current feature .....

we found the best is to find other tech stack solutions for the requirements.

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Community, 

Thanks everyone for sharing some insight and perspectives on this request. I apologize for not updating you all earlier, no excuse for that and I'll make sure to be more communicative going forward. 

I share all of your feelings that this is an important feature, and one that allows folks to implement specific strategies in sending make sequences more effective when worked into a sales process.

We've been giving this thought and put together some concept designs for how this might look in HubSpot's sequences: 

The above is just a concept, and based on some other updates coming to sequences in the next several weeks, will likely look different from what the final design would be.

There are several scenarios and dependencies and that we are sorting out, but as this feature gets added to our work in planning, I will update here and be glad to speak directly with folks about how we might develop the above feature.

svillada

That is great! Thanks @glencornell !! We look forward to having this feature soon.

Juliusvdb

Thanks for the response and update, I like the direction in the picture you provided and I am sure it will be a popular sequence feature moving forward. 

Thanks, 

Julius

Quantum-AU
Contributor

Hi @glencornell ,

This is exactly what we need! 🙂 Is there an opportunity to be allowed beta access for this feature or will you just be rolling out to everyone?

Thanks - Charles

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Community, 

I'm updating this idea to "Being Reviewed". We're beginning to explore some ways both technically how and where we can plan for this work. Before getting started, I'll typically speak with a number of folks about your differnt use-cases and the core problem you are hoping will be solved with anything we develop here.

If you'd be interested in providing some more feedback to help us scope out the work, you can fill out this form to participate.

Best,

Glen

jrsansom
Participant

It's 3 months since the last update, from what I can gather.

Curious to learn what's the current status of this development effort?

Thanks,

John

jon5

I would also like to bump this as we're hoping to add "new threads" into our sequences instead of having "all replies" or "none."

This is a common feature in other sales automation tools.

Juliusvdb

Hi Team, 

I saw the update when I logged into Hubspot today, thank you so much for following through with this feature! 

Thanks, 

Julius 

Would love to see more options for email threading within sequences.

Currently, SalesHub users have the option to thread emails as replies to the first email. If you enable this setting, all emails in the sequence are sent as a single thread. 

Hoping HubSpot can expand this tool, allowing users to have multiple threads within one sequence, and select which emails send separately and which are threaded.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/sequences/how-do-i-create-an-email-thread-with-my-sequence

Option for Email ThreadingOption for Email Threading

jrsansom
Participant

The conversation looked  very promision however, from what I can gather there's been no tangible update on progress since April 2020.

Could we have an update please.......

Is this core sequence functionality still being actively worked for a future release?

Thanks.

BGuerrero

New to Hubspot and just upgraded to Sales Hub Pro specifically for email sequencing. Disappointed to see that it's either threaded or unthreaded for the full sequence with no granularity on a email by email basis.

Dylan_vt

Please guys, can you add this separate email thread function as soon as possible? Very weird that this is a setting for the whole sequence. It should be per email. 

FMainil

Any update on the development of this 'extra' sequence feature? Is there already a beta version?

RGobar

Please make this a functionality. Being limited to single emails or the sequence as an entire thread is quite frustrating. Also, a template with an RE: subject without actually being threaded to the previous email makes no sense.

BhavanaReddy

Hi Glen,

We're looking for email thread option for Marketing Hub emails. It's such a struggle now since each email gets delivered as a new email. It's limiting our email strategy. 

Is there a reason you don't want to extend the email thread features to Marketing Hub? 

Lorenzo__cb

@glencornell any updates on this feature? Would love to test it out 😊 

MLandsteiner

On top of that it would be nice if hubspot would allow forwarding emails in sequences - specifically if I can forward email 2 from email 1 and have the rest of the emails in the sequence be seperate.  

JMiller7
Participant

Excellent idea.

bethgoulet
Participant

Hey all - I reached out to HubSpot support about this and there hasn't been any movement internally there on this idea. Has anyone been able to come up with any unique workarounds?

With Sales Hub Enterprise, you could thread a couple emails in a sequence then use workflows to automatically enroll them into a follow up where the emails aren't threaded and subject lines can be tested. This could get clunky fast, though. Anyone have other ideas?