HubSpot Ideas

trudy

Threading individual emails in sequence

Sometime I just want to thread one or two messages within a sequence, and not the whole thing. In Yesware, this can be done simply by leaving the subject line blank next template that you want to thread (Yesware will automatically add a re: subject line).

To be a valuable option that is comparable to Yesware, Hubspot also needs to add more customizability in threading rather than just all or none.

70 Replies
ndhamdad

Agreed. For example, your first two emails might be threaded:

Email 1 in sequence

Subject line: Can we have a quick call, <FirstName>?

Email 2 in sequence

Subject line: RE: Can we have a quick call, <First Name>? (THREADING ON)

Email 3 in sequence

Subject line: ROI on your mind? (THREADING OFF)

Please upvote 👍 to the 👉 if you want to improve your use of HubSpot's sequence templates.

Thanks!

bfarr

I agree! We used this feature in Groove and it was awesome!

devtt

This feature is a must, I am considering HubSpot but this single simple feature is making us rethink...

Growthbean
Member | Partner

this is a must.  all major outbound email systems have this.....   it's a bit shocking to see this lack of basic commonsense in the design of the sequences module.

hubspot's 'all or nothing threading' essentially makes threading useless.  You should typically only thread a few emails ...if we have to thread ALL of them you can't test any other subject lines in the entire sequence, thereby rendering the whole data driven AB testing model useless

RealDR

Creating an email cadence is an art. Having a mix of touch points, email subjects, and threading, is important to approaching prospects from all angles.

I would love to see Hubspot offer Email Threading that can be utilized between Cadence Steps - but not every email. This allows for follow up that can be fwd'd while also a sequence that opens new lines of communication.

This is also a feature SalesLoft provides and was effective when I used that tool.

RealDR

Creating an email cadence is an art. Having a mix of touch points, email subjects, and threading, is important to approaching leads from all angles.

I would love to see Hubspot offer Email Threading that can be utilized between Cadence Steps - but not every email. This allows for follow up that can be fwd'd while also a sequence that opens new lines of communication.

This is also a feature in SalesLoft that is highly effective.

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @RealDR, appreciate you taking the time to submit this idea! Chatting about this with my team, we were wondering if you would be able to provide an example of what you mean by email threading and cadence steps in this case? Thanks! 

RealDR

Absolutely - Thanks for the follow up.

The ideal cadence involves a strategic mix of bumps (threads) and new emails (non-threads). Therefore, when developing a cold outreach sequence, the most effective will not be 1 long threaded email but would include a few emails that are threaded + new subject lines on new threads. 

Happy to detail this more over the phone (along with two other pieces of feedback: enabling tokens in email subject line & adding the option to make a sequence manual instead of automatic.)

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Appreaciate the follow up @RealDR, I have a much clearer understanding now. I've shared your feedback with a couple colleagues internally who work a little closer to the Sequences product than I do, they should be in touch soon to chat about this in a little more detail with you. Thanks again! 

sthomsen

Agreed! This is standard in other email tools and surprising that Hubspot does not have it. 

wbarton

Agree to all of the above ^ This seems like a very simple solution to a lot of people's sequencing headaches through Hubspot. OP was a year ago, hoping it can be addressed soon.

jagamboa

I agree with everyon on this thread. Hubspot needs the ability to create a sequence with several different email threads. This is  standard in Outreach and Saleslost and necessary to be a leading sales automation tool. 

AbbyAtBetterYou

Hi there, just wanted to pipe in here and echo the comments that others have noted.

Ideally I would like to have my first two emails threaded and then my next two would each have their own subject lines. I'm making it work by creating tasks in the sequences after the first two emails reminding me to send a specific template, but definitely takes extra effort to do it this way.

It would be great to have more flexibility on what is/isn't chained on sequences.

JakeLewis
Participant

Currently when building Sequences in Hubspot, there is only one setting - either ALL emails are on the same thread, or none of them are.

It would be great to be able to toggle on/off whether the sequence is sending to the thread, or sending a new email.

For example, after a couple of emails on one thread, we want to send a "We're closing your enquiry" email, so want to be able to have a new Subject line, so a new email.  (You can currently set a task to do this, but would be better if it was an automated email)

CoreyLight

I agree on this. We need this feature. I'm shocked that you can only toggle this among an entire sequence and not an individual email. Major oversight.

AustinStorie

Threading some and not all would be extremely useful.

In addition, the threads don't look like threads in the subject line. The original subject line appears the exact same as the first email. If you send a follow-up email from any other platform, even if the receiver has not replied, the "Re:" shows up. When you start someone in a sequence the sequence shows the "Re:" in the subject line but is not delivered as such. 

svillada

We would like to have the option to choose for every email if we want it to be a new one or threaded to the conversation, instead of being ALL new, or ALL threaded.

DPlymale333

Yes, I agree. There are manu times I just need to thread 2 emails together, not all of them. This would be a VERY valuable feature.

Juliusvdb

Please add this, forcing the thread of every email in a cadence just doensn't make sense nor does creating a task to send an threaded email. 

svillada

Hey Hubspot!

If you are getting this, if you are considering the possibility of making this happen, or if you simply decided not to do it, It would be nice to know. 

Thanks!