HubSpot Ideas

BJG

Threaded Sequencing Email Subjects

Hello,

I have sequence emails set up in a threaded manner.

However, each follow up email simply repeats the initial email subject instead of inserting a "RE:"

Is there way to have the subject line include a "RE: [SUBJECT]" such that it appears to the recipient that you've actually gone into the original email in your sent box and replied-all to the recipient as a follow up? 

Thanks,

BJG

10 Comentarios
OliviaRoberts
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi @BJG!

At this time when using Sequence threading, this is expected that follow up emails will not include "RE:" in front of the subject line of the email.

I am moving your message to the Ideas Forum to ensure it is on our product team's radar, and to enable other users to upvote and comment on this thread.

All the best,

Olivia

shanehubbell
Miembro

Ditto above.  This should be ridiculously easy to implement as well.

Quantum-AU
Colaborador

I agree with this... the whole idea of sequences is to make it look like we are sending one on one emails. As far as I've seen you cant reply to en email that's been sent without the RE: showing... you would have to manually remove it and no one does that!

Cheers - Charles

Deb1
Miembro

Agree with all the others here. It's enabled in the sales email sequences so it's threaded and prospects can refer to your previous emails.

jberk1
Miembro

i swear threading used to have emails after the 1st in a sequence have the subject line of "RE: [email1]" and am pretty surprised to have learned this morning that the functionality has changed. what's the point of threading if they appear in the recipient's inbox as fresh, unconnected emails? 

this is a great idea, one i'm surprised isn't a part of the sequences setting and one i'd like to see implemented.

i'm commenting on this old thread at the suggestion of the very helpful support agent i've been chatting with for the past hour trying to figure out how to add RE to my subject lines to no avail. 

RR101
Miembro

Yes, this is absolutely ridiculous today is 09/23/22 and it still does not include the RE:

I assume the situation has not been resolved and the is No solution - correct?

KTinBK2
Participante

I just discovered this!   My mind was blown that the preview for sequences shows RE: but then it's not sent that way.  

This is essential for outbound emailing- can't believe it's not setup this way! 

RR101
Miembro

I knew this, and also, HS is moe disappointing by the day

SarahMayo-CSC
Participante

Agree with all here and especially @KTinBK2 , the preview in the sequence steps tab displays the subject line with "Re:" at the beginning. This is extremely misleading, and given there is no functionality to test a sequence besides enrolling your own email address in the sequence and letting it send with at best a pace of 1 email per day, it's also difficult to even observe.

The support article on threading says, "You can expect it to look like threading does in a normal email thread." This statement is NOT accurate, because in a normal email thread the subject line has "Re:" prepended.

The reason this is important is because the "Re:" will get a higher open rate with recipients who didn't open the first email. It reinforces the perception that the email is personalized to them and creates urgency.

tomirving
Miembro

This might be expected behaviour based on a test script, but not on some well-thought-out business requirements.