HubSpot Ideas

TGregersen

The new notification sound is really unpleasant

The new notification sound is very hard on your ears - especially when wearing a headset. The old one was way more pleasant. 

I would love the old sound back - or maybe a few sounds to choose from. 

11 Replies
PBach

It's downright painful in headphones

KJ1

My ears are bleeding.. Please change it.

GPontanilla
Participant

I always get startled whenever there is a notification. gives me anxiety. Can we choose our own tone?

HBerongoy

I always have to wear my headset while working so I don't miss any chats. I find the new sound to be really painful in the ears. The old one was better. Now its more like a high pitch bell and it's giving me anxiety every time a new chat comes in. I don't know if others prefer this but I hope there's a way to change it to our preference. I like the old one better. it's like a bubble sound or a mellow knock sound. 

SitemngrBilly

I wish there was an option to change this back to the old sound, for now I have disabled the sound entirely as it's just annoying

PNavarrete
HubSpot Employee

Eu estou de acordo e meu cliente também indicou que o som atual pode asustar, ter mais opcoes de sons seria ótimo!

NazzMohammad
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for your feedback!

In February, we worked with a sound engineer to release a new sound that is more pleasant.   

We’d love it if you could give us feedback on your experience with the new sound.

Thank you!

FPeralta4

I ended up with headaches sometimes. You should consult with otolaryngologist, this sound is really painful.

NazzMohammad
HubSpot Product Team

Hey everyone. We are working on a proof of concept to allow selection of different types of sounds. We will let you know here once it is ready for an alpha test so that some of you can give it a try and provide some feedback.

RolandH

+1

The Chat sound needs to be audibly diffentiated from other notification sounds in order to help the user prioritise their actions, and therefore improving the user experiance......and minimise missing chats.

ABeney
Participant

+1 the sound is very jarring and would be good to be able to change it