The autofilled country name is incorrect for Taiwan

Hi,

I found the incorrect auto-filled country name when creating a company from Taiwan.

When creating the Taiwanese company profile, after typing the web domain, the country column always auto-filled "Taiwan, Province of China" which is incorrect. It should be "Taiwan" only.

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 10.07.23 AM.png

As an international company, some of our sales just typed the company information and using Hubspot auto-filled for the rest of the column. And some people will like I did, manually change the country name to Taiwan 

This act will cause our report in two different versions, one is "Taiwan", one is "Taiwan, Province of China". Some of the opinions might think it is a political issue but I am just simply in the tool sight for this inconvenience.

Hubspot as an American company shouldn't have this political pressure from China and according to the law "Taiwan Relations Act (Public Law 96-8, 22 U.S.C. 3301)" we should call Taiwan as "Taiwan" without any China on it, even "Republic of China".

Please correct it in the system way to help us to get accurate information when generating the report regarding the area.

Thank you.

Reton Kao

0 Upvotes