HubSpot Ideas

HHunt1

The ability to remove deal stage history

I use funnel reports to calculate our non-conversion rates. The way our business works, we need two different 'deal lost' stages, and therefore I have two non-conversion graphs.

If a deal is mistakenly put into the wrong lost stage, then dragged over to the correct one, it will show up in both of my non-conversion funnel reports, which is not accurate.

The only way to fix this at the moment is to delete the deal and add a new one, making sure when it's re-added that it's only put in one of the lost stages. This can be time consuming and it would be much better if we had the ability to simply delete or remove certain deal stage activity from the deal's history. 

PS - filtering by the lost reason is not a workaround, because I need the funnel report to compare 'all created deals' to the particular 'lost stage' in order to get the non-conversion rate. When you add the filter by the lost reason, you lose the 'all created deals' from the graph and only see the lost deals, therefore you don't get a non-conversion rate.

24 Replies
sWorks

I have the same issue. Very frustrating. 

cgun

same issue here, very frustrating indeed.

NellyH

I have the same issue but for the Won deals. Sometimes a deal is Won but then it is Lost for different reasons, so the deal appears in the Won column because it passed through the Won stage at a given time. So, the results in the report are not what we are looking for which makes the funnel reports not reliable.

This is very frustrating when it comes to our reporting. The workarounds that were provided are not ideal and do not solve the issue. I find that this is very important and needs to be resolved ASAP.

mfwhiting

We have the same issue. Also very frustrating!

Domni
Participant

How has this not yet been added? Users have been asking for this capability for years.

AJMarino

Also very interested in this functionality, as it senselessly ruins a sales analytics dashboard especially for upstart sales pipelines

PVentayol
They need to implement a solution to this issue. In order for the funnel report not to take the error into account, it would have to be possible to
"delete" from the history even if it later appears that you want to delete it from the history.
I don't know, but this error can very easily distort the reports.
LSykora

Fully Agree, also for us it's a complication and only working solution is to delete and reupload the deals again.

KChopra

We urgently need this sorted so it does not distort reporting! please could this be looked into!! 

NGross2

+1

CanCoskuncan

+1

IMadrid

+1

alexcomments
Participant

+1 very difficult to accurately report funnels, mistakes happen.

QAmbrosino

+1

MViikki

+1

EAhm
Participant

Any updates on this?

Maybe have it so that only a Super Admin can delete certain things. But this is messing up my reports, since even if I clicked on the stage for 2 seconds and then clicked on the correct one it is marking as that stage. 

Maybe have us click SAVE before recording the change - give us room for error before it sets in, this way, we can edit or move things around and nothing is set until you click SAVE.

Kaeli37

Am echoing everyone here. And like the idea of having a save function like so much of the rest of the platform has!!

It is really messing with my reporting!

TDegrande
Participant

+1 @webdew 

EAhm
Participant

Can we please add this to your ideas in review URGENTLY!

A simple human mistake is ruining our sales funnels. At least allow for an admin to delete mistakes. Looks like a pretty common action on other CRMs.

CMahler

Agree this needs to be added (ability to alter deal stage history for super admins)