HubSpot Ideas

christinap

The ability to group contact & company records in the CRM

To further organize the contacts and companies dashboard, it would be nice to be able to group them

HubSpot Updates
Re: Group contacts & companies - changed to: New
May 26, 2017 03:35 AM

Hey @christinap @Invorio I have grouped all of your posts together, while you may have different use cases / goals /problems, what you both seem to be asking for is a solution that allows for contact and company record groups. Thank you both for your contributions, I'd encourage you to get as many people as you can to vote for the idea so that the HubSpot Product team has a sense of demand. 

Re: Group contacts & companies - changed to: Needs Info
December 14, 2016 03:41 AM

Hey @christinap have you tried using Custom Views on the CRM yet? You can group contacts and companies by contact property fitlers/segments: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/getting-started-with-the-crm-and-sales/how-to-filter-your-contacts-using-custom-views

Is this the sort of feature you were looking for? Let me know if not!

27 Replies
hideokiproducti

Hello, 

Is there any update regarding the possiblity of adding the feature to make groups for contacts?

It is disappointing to see that this idea was submitted 2 years ago and yet nothing has been done. 

Are there plans to develop this idea?

Thanks

alvarex

In fact this is the reason why we won't use hubspot. I'm now working some days with it and I was shocked that this feature is not implemented. As a CEO I need to manage my contact data carefully. For example I don't want that our sales team sees all the supplier contacts.

This feature is demanded by the community now for 2 years and from a potential customer side I don't understand why this basic feature is not implemented. I either see any information if this is planned or not. This creates also the image of a lacking customer support.

You created a fantastic software and its really a shame that you forced customers to choose another software just because of this feature.

NoBarriersJay

WorkAROUND!!

Create a custom property with a checkbox selection called "Groups". You can then use this feature to create list(s).

Thank you Bridgette from Hubspot suppport!

DBASL
Participant

Being able to group contacts like you can in Outlook would be an optimal way to add multiple contacts not only to organisations, but also to individual deals and tickets.

fulthy
Participant

I would also be great to only show certain properties for different lifecycle stages.  for example, once a contact/company becomes a customer addition fields could be shown for go-live date, contract expiry date.  essentially, properties that would be relevant to a customer but not a lead.

DOUGZANDSTRA

Wow - I am new to hubspot and not having Grouping is a serious drawback.  Seriously dissapointed. As a finance professional - I have a large list of contacts - I have attorneys, accountants, bankers, etc... I need to somehow quickly keep them organized Hubspot can't?    

IngaB

For us it would be perfect to group a company and contacts within a workflow, because we're distributing them within teams. But it would be better if contacts from the same company could be all distributed to one person without any manual work.