HubSpot Ideas

DwiP

The ability to export Original Source Drill Down 2 as the Front-End text (instead of internal value)

Currently, when users are exporting a list of contacts (when the contacts are created from import), the original source drill down 2 would be shown as a number for example 12345 instead of the import file name. 

It would be good to have an additional flexibility to export original source drill down 2 as the actual import file name or there is a seperate contact property to capture the actual import file name.

This is because as the files are being exported, it would be hard for users to reference what is 12345.

Submitting on behalf of Yap

15 Replies
Lizhen

Thank you DwiP. It is very troublesome for those list that having 50 contacts and above and all different sources.

Hope Hubspot can consider to have this integration.

Regards,
Li Zhen

Closey
Participant

This would be a valuable update so that bounces contacts can easily be identified, lists exported and CRM sorted.

Best regards

Nick

PeterN

This shouldn't even be a question, especially when you look in the contact and get the text.

I don't understand why the internal resource code would be used at all.  It's not human readable, but just a number.

I don't go to the store and buy a 0 67002 30400 0, I buy a box of protein bars.  Expecting users to see the number and remember what it is so antiquated I think I'm looking at a dumb mainframe terminal from the 1980's. 

RHrabak

Definitely agree that this is an issue and would be great if someone at HubSpot could address this idea. 

This other idea also fully explains the issue: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allow-Import-Name-values-in-Drill-Down-2to-be-used-in...

Basically: 

-We can't copy the label value to another property (it copies the unhelpful internal value). 

-We can't easily know all the different internal values that exist to begin filtering - you have to start with an example for EACH value, and have some sort of off-screen table of which numbers match which value.  

-Result: I have to WORK really hard to use my own data. 

CRMarketer
Participant | Platinum Partner

Yes this is a problem. Mainly the issue for us mentioned in the comments "We can't copy the label value to another property (it copies the unhelpful internal value)"!! 

reeskm

This is business critical for my company. Not being able to automate or export this field makes Hubspot very weak for lead source reporting if you want to do anything custom.

GBoza-Moran
Participant

I absolutely agree. This field is very important for us as well. I am surprised this has not been solved yet since 2019. Come on HubSpot! 

gil1002
Contributor

Plus, filter by the value it shows  e.g. value shown ZoomInfo but if you try to filter it by original source data 2 it won't accept it, only if you write the number by which it is stored in the system - which I don't even know how to find

PWildcroft

The original source is one of the most useful pieces of data for our organisation and not being able to work with it in any meaningful way is a massive inconvenience.

ButCanItGoViral
Participant

Also happens when any enumeration property is inserted into an email or email alert. Would love to have working values!

BBartlick
Participant

Agree with all. I'm having this challenge. This should be something that HubSpot should fix ASAP. 

AGiussani
Participant

How is it possible that after 4 years this issue has not been solved? We are talking of a basic export functionality which is impacting a lot the daily activities. And create new properties should not be a suggestion...

MBeaumier

Any updates on this feature? is this in the pipeline? As mentioned by others this is critical for clear insight into acquisition by source and where to spend the $. Also critical just for CRM maintenance for those of us who import lists from offline events like trade shows or expos.

IAshkenazi
Member | Diamond Partner

Any Updates?

BWulfekuhle

Incase anyone is watching this idea. I've been poking around at this for months now, and it looks like you can export the display value for source drill down 2 when you do it through a report. I created a single object report for contacts, added in "email" and "latest source drill down 2" and exported it. And the output gave me the display text and not the useless internal values!