HubSpot Ideas

troelsfeodor

The ability to display links to 'related posts' in the blog template

We need a nice way to show related posts at the bottom of a post or in the sidebar. It's quite basic functionality for a blog and we're missing it a lot.

It would be great to be able to set the criteria for what's related. E.g. same topic.

Mises à jour HubSpot
Statut mis à jour : Delivered
June 15, 2017 05:21 AM

June 15, 2017 05:21 AM

Great to hear @troelsfeodor thanks for sharingGreat to hear @troelsfeodor thanks for sharing!

May 05, 2017 03:05 AM

Hey @Babel_Gem - agreed, this would make a great 'out-of-the-box' feature on HubSpot's COS platform, but can be acheived with custom design. Do you have any examples or code snippes you could share with @troelsfeodor and the Community that show how best to acheive this? If so, I'd encouarge you/your team to share your work here. Thanks for the post! 

May 04, 2017 02:44 AM

@troelsfeodor this is really helfpul, thank you for following up with so much detail / examples. 

Our Product Managers will review this idea andput every effort into implementing requests that will benefit the majority of HubSpot's user base and fit in with our product roadmap. Based on this, I'd encourage you to get your teams/colleauges to vote for the idea with a Kudos above. I will also refer this idea to our teams internally.

Many thanks,

Re: Related posts - changed to: Needs Detail
May 04, 2017 02:21 AM

Hey @troelsfeodor thanks for posting!

I have a few follow up questions for you, to get as much detail as possible for our Product teams.

How are posts related? By this I mean, what is the criteria/logic for how posts relate to eachother in you/your team's content strategy?

Do you have any examples of other blogs / bloggin tools that do this?

Are you expecting to pull in related posts automatically (based on the criteria I asked obout above) or would you like to control/curate which posts are presented as 'related'.

Finally, is this something you have previously attempted to design/build with a web developer?

Thank you in advance for clarifying the details above, if you have any follow up questions for me / the Product team then just post in your reply.

Best,

9 Commentaires
Statut mis à jour : Needs Detail
roisinkirby
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hey @troelsfeodor thanks for posting!

I have a few follow up questions for you, to get as much detail as possible for our Product teams.

How are posts related? By this I mean, what is the criteria/logic for how posts relate to eachother in you/your team's content strategy?

Do you have any examples of other blogs / bloggin tools that do this?

Are you expecting to pull in related posts automatically (based on the criteria I asked obout above) or would you like to control/curate which posts are presented as 'related'.

Finally, is this something you have previously attempted to design/build with a web developer?

Thank you in advance for clarifying the details above, if you have any follow up questions for me / the Product team then just post in your reply.

Best,

troelsfeodor
Contributeur de premier rang

Sure @roisinkirby

It's all about keeping the visitor engaged and showing them new content to consume.

1. The most obvious way to relate posts would be based on topic. Ie. show popular or latest posts with the same topic. It could also be more by same author. So I would say. topic, author, choice of latest/popular
  2. There are loads of plugins that helps you do this in Wordpress (http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/5-best-related-posts-plugins-for-wordpress/). Another example would be Squarespace (https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/217350707-Adding-related-posts-links)
  3. Yes automatically. I'm guessing some would prefer to set them manually. E.g. for a particular popular post you might want to control what is offered next.
  4. Not yet. We looking into http://designers.hubspot.com/tutorials/creating-a-related-post-section-with-hubl
roisinkirby

@troelsfeodor this is really helfpul, thank you for following up with so much detail / examples. 

Our Product Managers will review this idea andput every effort into implementing requests that will benefit the majority of HubSpot's user base and fit in with our product roadmap. Based on this, I'd encourage you to get your teams/colleauges to vote for the idea with a Kudos above. I will also refer this idea to our teams internally.

Many thanks,

Babel_Gem
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Elite

Hi @troelsfeodor,

This would be something a developer could easily implement for you and I agree it's a great idea. Particularly good if you have a page on your site which talks about one of your client sectors, for example and you want to highlight some blogs which are relevant.

We have worked with clients on similar ideas before.

Gem

roisinkirby

Hey @Babel_Gem - agreed, this would make a great 'out-of-the-box' feature on HubSpot's COS platform, but can be acheived with custom design. Do you have any examples or code snippes you could share with @troelsfeodor and the Community that show how best to acheive this? If so, I'd encouarge you/your team to share your work here. Thanks for the post! 

Babel_Gem
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Elite

Hi @roisinkirby, yes definitely. We have a 'related posts' section on our blog which is done via topic. I'm not a developer myself, I just work with them to implement this kind of thing for my clients so I can't give you a code example but hopefully this helps! 

Here's a blog with the related posts on the side https://www.babelquest.co.uk/blog/what-is-the-buyers-journey

troelsfeodor
Contributeur de premier rang

We have now managed to set this up using the guide here: http://designers.hubspot.com/tutorials/creating-a-related-post-section-with-hubl

roisinkirby

Great to hear @troelsfeodor thanks for sharingGreat to hear @troelsfeodor thanks for sharing!

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
roisinkirby