HubSpot Ideas

Captshawn

The Ability to A/B Test HubSpot Site Pages

Right now you can A/B test emails, landing pages and CTAs. These are all awesome but leaving the core pages of a website without the ability to A/B test is simply just sad. What if a CTA change on the home page made a 2% uplift in main service sales. What if adding 3 different testimonials gave a product a 4% lift. Well, we will just never know… Until HubSpot implements A/B Testing for Website pages.

25 Comentários
Doylejg3
Membro

Ditto this.  I'm very interested in A/B testing my site pages.  Don't understand why this feature wouldn't be included.

nick-gat
Participante

Also would like to see this functionality included.

hjelmqwist
Participante | Parceiro Elite

I agree 🙂
This should preferably also be appliable for the different modules within the design tool.

To be able to A/B test different variations of headlines to see which headline that gets the most traffic to inbound links or different color schemes of sections would be a great tool to analyse in detail on what really triggers the Buyer Personas.

The same testing that applies to CTAs should work with Rich Text, Headline, Sub Headline, Custom HTML and Custom Hubl modules.

jonazkumlander
Membro | Parceiro Elite

agree!

Thoralf

+1!

CarinaCC
Membro

Agreed!

Clodagh
Membro

Agree

nick-gat
Participante

Does Hubspot read these ideas or is it a echo chamber?

hjelmqwist

@nick-gat - I hope they do. I'm sending my collegues to Inbound 2017 with a mission to get this request out in the open and directly to the people in charge.

Doylejg3
Membro

I think they do.  I'm going to give them a little credit.  I don't think this should have ever been a limitation but to their credit, after I posted in this forum, about a couple months later, they reached out to interview me about what specifically I was after.

I was told they're giving the feature strong consideration but were trying to determine use cases.  She said I'd probably see it added at some point.

hjelmqwist

I agree @Doylejg3. All of my experiences with the HubSpot support has been well over my expectations. I truly belive they will make this a priority. Credit to @Captshawn who created this thread.

You're bringing good news. Looking forward to hear more.

Top Ideas that reaches the first page in the community have between 55 and 200+ upvotes. Share this idea among your collegues and friends that are using HubSpot and ask them to upvote.

Alex22
Membro

Echoing the sentiment from this thread re support. Have always gone above and beyond.

The lack of ability to A/B test site pages (in particular my index page) is really a problem. 

I am wondering if anyone has found a workaround?

Not an elegant solution by any means but anything that works.

hjelmqwist

@Alex22 - I've sent you a PM. Uncertain about the rules about promoting third-party apps within the community 🙂

AnastasiaSG
Membro

+1

plankton
Membro

Agreed!! 

plankton
Membro

I've been told by Hubpsot that "A/B testing is not available for the Website Pages tool because there would be a difficult winning metric to objectively measure the better performing version"

I challenge this assumption that it would be difficult to track a winning metric. I would like to institute one change on a website page and measure how it changes people's page experience. For example, I would like to test the appealing quality of a large header image rather than a side photo nestled along the right edge of the screen with text to the left. My call to action is the same on both pages and I would track the difference in clicks/conversions. 

Essentially making one change and measuring how it effects the user experience using an available metric, like CTA clicks, etc. 

Why wouldn't this work? Am I forgetting something? 

SarahAB
Participante

This is something that's becoming an issue for us to. We'd like to be able to test out some different banners on our pages. I'm not understanding the rationale as to why we can't do this. 

jspratt
Participante

Agreed! This would be super useful and there's no good reason I can think of why this shouldn't be an option.

benjaminbachman
Participante

This seems like a no brainer.. let's make it happen, this has my vote!

Curtb2001
Participante

Since every element of a website should be in a constant state of testing, establishing a new benchmark and then testing again (based upon whatever criteria/metrics are important for that website) therefore, I can't imagine why A/B testing isn't avaialable everywhere.

Of course, I could turn a webpage into a landing page test something for some period of time, pick a winner and revert the page back into a webpage but that adds extra steps to something that should be standard practice. 

Always be testing.