HubSpot Ideas

wilkins

Templates for Notes in CRM

We have standard criteria for sales calls that we want to capture and filling out a template within a note would be very convenient. Adding a bunch of custom fields to a deal doesn't really do the trick either because it requires a lot of scrolling to view all info in the left-hand banner and those fields are not formattable. 

We have access to pinning of notes through the beta (very valuable) and I'd love to pin this template to the top of every deal.

32 Replies
Christina_P
Participant

Yeah, snippets are okay but the length is an issue.
We've ended up with Snippet 'Inception' - a snippet containing snippets to ensure all notes/requirements met'.

ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

@Christina_P I like the name you created,  Snippet 'Inception' LOL!

bthomps0617

Trying snippets for short-term solution. Adoption is now the hurdle to move it along.

spordix

I try snippet and it's just ok solution.

I have form for sale to fill such as what goods customers want.  Sometimes it's like 10-20 items with long descriptions.

So it's like 

1. /Item descriptions/units/ price/remarks

If there is no table, everything seem to blend together.

PaulClappers
Contributor

So weird that this has been an issue since 2017 and Hubspot is not taking any action on it. Please fix this! 

Ben7
Contributor

Please fix this HubSpot.

earamaz

Very important. Upvoted!

LLombardo

Please implement this Hubspot, very much needed to record standardised sales criteria.  

louischausse
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

This is already implemented. These are called Playbooks and it is available with Sales Hub Enterprise and Service Hub Enterprise. If you don't want to pay for Enterprise, using snippets is a good workaround.

BDuerden
Participant

Has anything been done on this? I'm coming to this need 4 years later!

ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

@BDuerden ,

This idea pretty much got implemented as the Playbooks feature as part of Sales or Service Hub Enterpise.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/playbooks/use-playbooks

FraserMurphy
Participant

Just to add more "weight" here. 

Playbooks really don't cut it when it comes to leaving templates for the reps to fill in, which should then be as reportable as possible. 

Seems like a very simple thing to add in that would provide a huge improvement to user experience. 

Limiting the types of fields you can create in playbooks between professional and enterprise is awkward also, and definitely not worth the upgrade on it's own. 

As @ndwilliams3 points out - limit the number of templates instead of their functionality. I just need 2 templates!