HubSpot Ideas

wilkins

Templates for Notes in CRM

We have standard criteria for sales calls that we want to capture and filling out a template within a note would be very convenient. Adding a bunch of custom fields to a deal doesn't really do the trick either because it requires a lot of scrolling to view all info in the left-hand banner and those fields are not formattable. 

We have access to pinning of notes through the beta (very valuable) and I'd love to pin this template to the top of every deal.

32 Replies
ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

Totally agree this would be a great feature. Our sales team also has specific questions they try to get answered during a call. Some of this data would be great to have as contact properties as well. However, adding all this to the about section would be too much. Having the ability to load a form template within the notes section would be great. When saving, it would update the corresponding contact properties, but also save the data in the note activity on the timeline (similar to how form submissions look).

mzager
Contributor

I've got a very similar request so I'm piggybacking off of this; in addition to a drop down for customizable text-based templates for Notes, I'm looking for templates for logging call activities as well as Tasks. We use the Log Activity > Call or Email tool in the CRM to log all customer calls and having a template (that could also be auto-loaded by default!) would be fantastic. We also use the Task feature for structured requests, so a drop down for Task templates would also be useful. See screenshots for examples of the type of text-based template we'd want to customize for.

Edit: spelling

LogActivity_TemplateRequest.jpg

CreateTask_TemplateRequest.jpg

tachyon

We use this for service issues as well and would love to be able to have a template to work from in Notes. 

PLEASE implement this change.

Eton
Contributor

Completely agreed! Will try to get more votes on this so it is created. 

We need a (customisable) template that pre-populates for our sales team to leave notes and then pin it for the next team. At the moment, we are just manually copying and pasting. Would be great if we can create a template instead.

Rafaelmello

Love This Idea!

TSG

Absolutely! We've been needing this for a while. It will save my team so much time and ensure consistency.

Christina_P
Participant

This would make using Hubpost in a consistent way across multiple teams much easier! Relying on individual manual entry to be uniform is optimistic at best, and doomed to failure at worst.

Please please please add this functionaility! 🙂

thethirdJames

I love this idea!

I really think this needs to happen and would improve invisibility and speed in which to sign clients. 

PhilippK

We are using snippets (as templates) in a note to collect the information. 

But it is still in a note (you can pin to the top) and not a "custom field". Any other idea? 

thethirdJames

I just had a quick play and I think this is a great solution. Gives everything we need at this point. 

VashontaPhase

There is certain information I have to input before handing of a scheduled demo to my AEs and having to copy and paste the template everytime is a waste of time! Please add this feature.

Franklandsam
Participant

Looking for the same thing as Wilkins here. Notes templates that we can pin to a deal to help our sales team ask the right questions and record the information correctly

Champ

Will Hubspot ever implement this? 

It is so crucial to save time on data entry its a no brainer!

Please add this feature ASAP!!

ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

I would say this idea has been delivered via the new Playbook tool. However, it’s a paid feature only available to Sales Enterprise users!  

tashcan

I was thinking the same, but actually Snippets is fantastic and we use that for all our sales calls now, using the different hashtags depending on the nature of the call or where they are on a Deal board.

Rbanga
HubSpot Employee

Posting on behalf of my customer, who is looking for a similar functionality. 

The use -case is not template specific for notes, but to add tables to notes. 

MRTucker
Participant

It would be fantastic, though we are also using the SNIPPIT option, we have #overview set up for easy access for the sales team.

bthomps0617

Yes, this would be a big winner in our organization to capture the answers to the same question. The new Account-based Marketing tool has so new properties that are helpful, but our Account Management team would benefit from expanded information from multiple interactions in the Notes. Right now this information is scattered and not uniform in the CRM.

louischausse
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

Hello all!

using snippets would do the same as having templates for notes:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/conversations/use-snippets

Also, for Service Hub Enterprise or Sales Hub Enterprise user, the playbook tool can be used as a template for notes

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/playbooks/use-playbooks

ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

@louischausse, I tried snippets. However,  they are limited by lenght so you had to break it up into chucks and it wasn't really much of an improvement to standardizing or productivity. What I envisioned back in 2017, when I supported this idea, was rolled out in the release of Playbooks. I wish they had rolled it out to all versions and just limited the number of templates you could create at each level.