HubSpot Ideas

JHostetter

Template folders in select template view

When i am creating an email from a contact record, then select "insert template" ... I want to see folders not a list of templates.

14 Replies
CRoessler
Participant

This is a real pain that our team experiences everyday. Hubspot this should be an easy fix. What's the hold-up?  It's such a pain searching through dozens of templates when I took the time to neatly put them in Folders. Why not have it just pull up the folder?

alexrosen

It blows my mind that this hasn't been done. What's the point of folders if they aren't used when you actually need to find the right template? I bet HubSpot reps don't use the sales email tool like a regular user, or this would not be an issue. Frustrating!

JBrillinger
Participant

Agree

natsumimori
Community Manager

Hi! This is Natsumi, the Japanese Community Manager.

This idea has been brought up in the Japanese Community too and I wanted to share the thread link for the Product Team's future reference.

Translation of the linked thread:

When selecting a template for sending an email, we would like to be able to select it from the folders and not from the list of all templates. If you could sort the folders by purpose and then select a template, it would save a lot of time when searching for templates.
If there are a lot of templates, it's not always easy to find them.

peterjames

This is available in the Mobile App but not on Desktop. Serious design oversight. Please add this in!

CCoupeScott

This is still needed. Templates need to be viewable by folder. 

MMcGowan5

+1 to this thread. Would be very useful

peterjames

I think I found the solution to this. In the select template window, to the right of the search bar it has a dropdown for Owner. If I have just myself selected i see all the templates unorganized, but if I choose "Any" then the templates are all displayed in their folders. I hope that helps you!!

starguest
Participant

I am sure this is a simple and quick fix

EmekaOguh

Agreed. It would be much easier to view folders and then drag and drop or assign the templates to the folder, removing them from independent view. This would make organization so much easier!

JTrombley

I agree with this it would be much easier to navigate templates when sending a email to a client. Please add this as soon as possible! 

Geetan

Did set templates based on folders so Sales can use specific templates for specific enquiries. Turns out that HubSpot doesn't showcase this structure on the front end and all the templates are showcased directly. It's such a pain finding the right template but also sale steam not knowing if the right template exists as they don't want to scroll through the list of templates trying to find it. 

KChalifour

I agree and mokes no sense to allow for folder organization but no utilization of the folders.

starguest
Participant

Is someone at HubSpot reading this?