HubSpot Ideas

cbevan

User Permissions - don't allow documents/email templates/etc. to be edited or deleted by users

I think this is fairly common for most companies. When we upload an official document or create an email template, it has been QAed by company information.  While we let people edit the templates as they send them, we don't want them adding their own templates, duplicating templates, editing existing templates, or deleting templates.  We spend a lot of time QAing the fact that people go off on their own and create things that ultimately will become quickly outdated or not have approved verbiage.

The same goes for uploading documents to our documents tab for emailing.

I think a user permission upgrade is desperately needed in order to compete with other CRMs.  We need to be able to, at the very least, lock down who can add/delete documents and lock down certain email template folders to be company approved content only.

10 Replies
StephanieFinney

In our organization, we work with many large companies. We create personalized templates that are sent to each individual company when they purchase from us. It's important to us that these templates are kept private and are only available to certain users within our organization. 

It would be extremely beneficial to us if we could set privacy settings on sales templates allowing a selected few from our team the ability to view, edit and send these templates. 

fstjohn
Participant

glad the autosearch stopped me from creating this as a new idea - chalk me up for a "what she said"

LSHFR

Je partage la même problématique de Stephanie. Il serait préférable de pouvoir rendre confidentielles certaines données en fonction des équipes que nous avons créé. Certaines équipes d'une solution n'ont aucun intérêt de voir les modèles d'une autre équipe...

rachaelc

I'd like to be able to set the view permissions on a document so only a user or team of users can view it.

dperry
Contributor | Partner

Would be helpful to revoke access to certain sales tools (ie. templates). Certain members of our sales team tend to clone and edit templates, which would be fine in most instances, but it's not always good. We've noticed our templates becoming very cluttered due to this and came across numerous templates with spelling and grammatical errors. 

Limiting access would be helpful! 

Thanks! 

MyCaptain
Participant

I'm sorry that I have to bring this to the ideas portal. 

We need access control over Templates. Over the last few weeks I had created a couple of templates for organizational use, and time & again someone has deleted them. I don't have any idea who did it, I can't check any history for these templates either. Neither I can recover them. 

TarynR
Participant | Elite Partner

This would apply for snippets as well please

At the moment you cant even limit edit in general like you can with templates on the permissions settings so anyone that has sales access can edit/delete snippets 

tkellerFWW

Organization and user access to sales documents NEEDS an update!!

For our global company, we have other settings for default sharing or edit-only/view access broken into regional teams (EMEA, APAC, etc). Having all Templates and Documents open to everyone is very cluttered. 

Additionally, it doesn't make sense that if a Super Admin (VP of Sales) uploads a Document or creates a Template, these assets would not be automatically shared with their team. A simple boolean logic no longer makes sense for basic settings of these tools that need quite a few modifications for larger teams to compete with other platforms. 

Viddy
HubSpot Employee

Being able to customise template sharing permissions to only allow viewing and sending while restricting editing is essential for my customer's daily bussiness operations. It would be highly beneficial for their proccess flows to have this feature!

GBSelect

Is this still 4 years in the making?  Why have document permission controls not have been implemented by now?  We are just beginning to use the platform, but the Documents section is completely outdated with no option for multi-level folders, read-only access, and document downloads automatically add "+" plus signs where we have spaces in the document title.  At a minimum, we need the ability for the document creater to state whether users have permission to move, edit, or delete the document.  As of now there is NO secure way for the document owner to have protection of the documents that they have uploaded.  A Read-only access level needs to be immediately established.