HubSpot Ideas

SmithCorona

Tasks with NO due date

It would be SUPER helpful for my team if we had to ability to create tasks without due dates.  There are simply some tasks that while they need to be created to make sure they are in a queue, are not important enough to assign a due date.

Does anyone else have this issue?

36 Comentários
Jetpiloto
Colaborador(a)

Yes. We are constantly entering a date for unimportant tasks, then having to go in a bulk change the dates when they aren't completed by the due date that we arbitrarily entered.

SmithCorona
Membro

Agreed.  It seems like a relatively small thing that could make a huge difference for our sales guys.

eddyzzzzz
Membro

couldn't agree more !

Rianne
Membro

I very much agree with this idea, please Hubspot make out lives easier by allowing for tasks without due date!

I for example like to keep a list of low-priority tasks for when I have a minute of downtime. These absolutely do not need to be linked to a deadline.

kmedlin
Membro

This would be very helpful for us as well, as we have many tasks with varying due dates. We often have to "pause" deals at the request of the deal contact, and the task then appears overdue which is not ideal!

Nickeljohnson
Membro

Please include this update.

chicagokalo
Colaborador(a)

I concur. Some tasks are basic tasks that do not have a specific time-frame. Having the option to create a tasks without a due date will make HubSpot more intuitive and user friendly. 

adriana_c
Membro

Completely agree.  It would make life easier.

LY
Colaborador(a)

This is one of several features that keeps my team going back and forth between HubSpot and other task managers instead of moving all their work to one place, and I would personally find it very helpful for certain types of tasks as well. Currently I just have a chunk of "when you get around to it" tasks that are always past due, or due in 2030, etc.

VincentMenard
Membro

Hi, simply writing to concur with this. I have a lot of lists of calls to make, that have no special due date, just need to be made at some point. Please implement this the due dates are driving me crazy.

NOsicka
Membro

This is BASIC BASIC BASIC. No one should have to ask for this.

ABAULIEU
Membro

Yes, good idea. Like in Trello, a to-do to check when each task is done. Not at a particular date !

JObeng
Membro

This is a necessity for me - Would be amazing if this feature was added.

NOsicka
Membro
Completely agree. Cannot use the task feature as is which is a basic element of a CRM.
DDepaz
Membro

Remove a date and time, just to be able to list some task with no date.

sebass355
Membro

WHY HAVE YOU GUYS NOT DONE THIS ALREADY IT'S 2022 and this simple yet brilliant request was made in 2018. Let us decide which tasks are time-sensitive and which we just want to compile for later. Not having this is counterproductive. Just make a tab that says no due dates and BOOM we can all go there to find it. Smashin Bazzel simply smashing. Get it done, please. 

MVolz
Membro

WHY WHY WHY IS THIS NOT FIXED? I have several tasks I don't want a due date for. Some tasks need a due date yes, but not all of them do. And then we I want to see which tasks are due so I can prioritize my work, now an inconsequential task comes up that I need to put back another 6 months or year or whatever so it doens't gunk up my system I have. 

Look to google tasks and how easy it is to not only edit a task, but you don't have to put a due date, and then you can sort by due date or not!

I'm constantly creating and completing tasks, so the several extra clicks I have to do for each task to set the date back another year, as well as the time it takes to reasses the need to complete the task now or realize it's one of those inconsequential tasks that just HAD to have a due date, all of that takes tons of time away when you go through hundreds of tasks.

This is such a simple thing I just can't imagine why this sort of oversight was committed so blatently with the most fundamental of tools. 

Yupvoted
HubSpot Employee

Worked with @MVolz on a Support ticket on this and I agree that the task feature can be more user-friendly, allowing them to choose whether they want a due date is extremely helpful.

As mentioned by MVolz, the repeating feature on Google task is also more intuitive as it allows for tasks to be created on every other Monday, or every other Monday and Wednesday, or on every third Thursday of every month. Whereas in HubSpot, we are only able to set it to repeat every X days/weeks/months/years. 

BSong
HubSpot Employee

Hi all, agree with @Yupvoted and @MVolz that having a task without a due-date would help rather than what I currently do which is set a due date far away or let the due date past. 

JObeng
Membro
@hubspot – let’s just get this done!