HubSpot Ideas

Max2020

Tasks - the search bar

It is very annoying when trying to search your tasks to see if you have a task associated to a speciifc company, contact, to not be ale to search for Amazon or Apple of John Smith...please can the search bar include the ability to search associations.

4 Replies
aaron4

My organization's Sales Team started using HubSpot this week. The lack of ability to search tasks by associated contact/company name is a slight inconvenience. We came up with a workaround by inserting associated record names into task titles (so they'd be searchable), but we'd like the task search to include those fields out of the box. Thanks for the consideration!

Older thread raising the same issue: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Filter-by-Name-and-Company-in-Tasks/m-p/276244

AW3
Participant

I agree 100 % with this! Started using HubSpot a few weeks back and when I first tried the search function in Tasks I thought it was a bug, I couldn't find anything. Came here and found discussions from years back and still nothing has changed.

Since I'm working B2B, all my calls, to-do's and so on has to do with a company. I can't really wrap my head around why this function doesn't exist. If not as a default setting, at least give us the opportunity to change the search settings. 

Does anyone know if any HubSpot official has addressed this? 

KKniewel

Agree that this is a CRITICAL need. We should be able to search tasks by "contact name". I have 200+ tasks to complete, the way it is set up now, I have to scroll through the 200 tasks to find the contact. Very frustrating.

Geardryerguy

Why do I have to search in google to find out how to use or do something in HubSpot? Do you want an example? I had to search Google to find out how to get to the suggestions area. The search bar area is useless for anything other than companies or contacts.