HubSpot Ideas

craigfatt

Tasks Completion In Workflows

I'd love if there was a way in worklows to create a task then only move to the next part once the task was completed. For example having a task that is to call a contact and once you mark it as completed it continues the workflow and sends a follow up email.

8 Replies
mikepenner

I agree that this would be very useful.  Another example is for Client onboarding, oftentimes multiple departments need to get involved and the file needs to move from one to another once items have been completed

EricaSmith
Contributor

It would be super helpful to have a workflow delay based on the completion of a task.  

For instance, one of my workflows is really task based reminders and some auto emails.  How I would use it would be to name the task "Click once photos are booked" or "Click when staging has been scheduled" so when I complete that task it would trigger a bunch of other tasks within that specific workflow and start it back up.  All of our clients are on different timelines so a delay of 7 days for a task works for some...but others need a delay of 1-2 months+. 

TonyKennard

This would be so helpful to have! Our operations team relies on various tasks to be completed to move transactions through our automated processes as well. 

EricaSmith
Contributor

This function is already in Sequences.  Can we get it duplicated for Workflows?

flippyfloppies

This feature would be a huge help to my team! It would be awesome if we could use workflows to auto-advance a deal stage after the completion of the tasks. 

EricaSmith
Contributor

To be honest, I can not believe that this isn't already something that this CRM has.  It is a basic function of ever other CRM I have ever used.  I cannot tell you how much time a day I waste on pushing out tasks to furture dates...which enevidably I end up doing multiple times for the same task.  It is IMPOSSIBLE to GUESS when one of my tasks is going to need to be done.  Then if I get it wrong(which is 99% of the time), I have to remember that the next task needs to be done and fish through all of the tasks in the record to find the one that I need.  Not having this funtion is costing us time and money.   

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all,

The ability to delay a workflow until a task is updated in some way, for example - marked as completed, is now live to all workflows customers. Read more about how to use this feature here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/use-delays#delay-until-event-happens

Please let me know if you have questions or feedback!

Best,

Megan

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team