HubSpot Ideas

natedame

Task-based workflows

It would be amazing to have task-based workflows!

We have various things generating tasks - especially sequences. Task queues don't solve every problem - and many situations are more nuanced. As a result, tasks have become more cumbersome to manage - costing our team time rather than helping us save time when getting things done.

Would be AMAZING to have task-based workflows that:

1. trigger when things happen to tasks to create actions and automation in other areas of HubSpot
  2. take action like making edits to tasks that have been created by users or through other means of automation (workflows + sequences)

This would allow us to assign or reassign tasks, edit other task properties, and even delete/complete tasks, all based on numerous conditions across HubSpot.

56 Replies
Ievadd

definitely need it - i would be able to create task names by using workflows, and then it would be much easier for the team to search by name in the task page, as for now, all the tasks that are created from sequence are named automatically and don't have any indication of deal name or contact name.

natedame
Participant

@Ievadd you should be able to edit sequences to customize the name of certain tasks that they create... all depends on how you set it up!

Viddy
HubSpot Employee

Hi team, posting on behalf of my customer, their use case involves rotatating contact owners through a workflow, and they would really benefit from being able to automatically assign the previous tasks to the new contact owner either through an action within the workflow or just automaticaly when the new contact owner is assigned. thank you  😊

Pedrodelamigo
Contributor

Is there an update about this? Would be neat to have this is Hubspot

TNovitsky
Participant

So needed. I am creating so many workarounds to use HubSpot for B2B cold-callers that automating placing tasks into a specific queue would be so helpful for the end-users. Some of them serve multiple areas and maintain separate task queues for those areas.

Jeanisrad
Participant

Also, when an employee leaves, there are situations where their customers are split between more than one owner. Task-based workflows mean I can reassign the existing tasks to the NEW owners. As it stands now, I cannot do that and it is really an oversight.

CharlieK2

Yes, please!

I am constantly running to the end with possible workflows we need because there are no workflows based on tasks.

In our case, the most important is to have a trigger: "user performed action" - assign an object to that user (who performed action on a task associated with that task

gkoprowski-ace

Please consider bumping the priority of this request. Tasks in general are lacking the flexibility needed to make them valuable. Task-based workflows are one such gap. Other gaps include adding and modifying properties in tasks.

EGJade
Participant

Even in creating a simple automation - if a task has not been completed, you want to automate a next step. Much needed!

AStretten
Participant

Anyone else wonder what Hubspot is really developing now? Why hasnt this been a feature for the last 5+years. 

ADietz0

I need this so I can set alerts when someone signs off on a task assigned to someone else

JPearson1

Yes please, I would love to port Hubspot tasks over to Jira (our project management platform)  with a workflow and have them sync. I don't like (nor does my team) managing tasks in two different locations.

We do like, however, the ease of setting up marketing/sales-related tasks in hubspots. Things like follow-ups are easy and intuitive to generate in hubspot, we'd just like them ported over to Jira so that we can be sure nothing falls through the cracks.

Afugle

Still not possible? Any one know if I can create a task based on a lifecycle stage of a company that does NOT have deal created?

topleadmarketin

ok... so this was submitted in 2021... HOW IS THIS STILL NOT A THING....

Jimbro

Do task-based workflows exist yet??

AmyT99
Participant

yes please - I need a workflow to adjust due dates on existing tasks

HCartledge

Would looooove this feature! 

Zisty99

With the recent workflow outage, one of my clients has over 2k tasks without an owner, and they can't be the only ones.

This feature request should be considered essential!

Jimbro

Is there any attention on this?? We continue to run into issues not having tasks as an available object in workflows. Could someone from Hubspot please comment?

NEspanhol

How is this not a feature 2