HubSpot Ideas

davharts

Task Templates for Easy Task Creation

It would be great to allow for saved task templates in HubSpot CRM. I find myself creating the same tasks often for contacts that I'm manually following up with (ie. not on a sequence). It would be great to have the option of creating templates instead of needing to manually create each follow-up task.

Thanks for the consideration!

-David

55 Replies
suprsoph

It would be great if we could save our own custom tasks just like snippets and templates for emails. Create one that we can use over and over, store in folders, clone, update, etc.

Brittany-RG
Contributor

Adding that this seems key and would be extremely useful. Following thread.

hannahflat
Contributor

Yep another up vote - this would be incredibly useful! 

bradhalcrow

Yes please! 

Staceylm
Contributor

I'd also love this to be incorporated into Workflows, so I could take the same "canned task" and use it over and over and over again across various workflows. 

sjudson
HubSpot Product Team

Hi HubSpot Community,

This is a really great suggestion, but it's not currently planned in the next couple of quarters. 

For that reason, I am switching the status of this idea to Not Currently Planned

We'll re-evaluate this idea in the coming quarters and update the status accordingly if anything changes. 

Thank you,

Scott

BRXPerformance

Would also vote for this idea

bradhalcrow

It's now August 2020 - any updates on this one? 

Would be VERY useful for us.

hjohnston
Member | Elite Partner

I agree - task templates seem like they'd be useful for everyone! Marketing projects have templates, but those tasks don't show up in the CRM tasks or daily digest emails.  

jackjunior14
Member | Elite Partner

Agreed...this would be very useful. Marketing projects have templates, they do not show in the CRM tasks or daily digest emails.  

eculhane
Member | Elite Partner

Including this in the CRM tasks would be extremely useful! Would love to see this happen.

JOhayon

I would also love templates for tasks. Our tasks are specific to the products we sell and clients are looking for additional information about them. It would be great to set the due date and reminder date and time as part of the template as well.

susanna1

Agreed! A success team will need different property information than the support or sales team, so if we can create templates under a task queue, that would be really helpful

MWallace7

This would be a good addition

AAdade

This would be a massive benefit for those of us that are using HubSpot Service for customers. There are many tasks that are repetitive, so the ability to save and reuse a task would increase the efficiency of the team and make sticking to our process less cumbersome all around. 

DLoch

Just started using Hubspot and my past CRM had task templates built in which saves a lot of time.  The examples at the top fit what is needed.  

NRodic
Participant

i agree on this one too...for us, it would be a 'request shipping quote', a task that would notify sales backend to calculate shipping for an deal and enter it as a line item into the deal...

thanks

Bulder
Participant | Diamond Partner

This would be a great idea for multiple of our clients. 

MarcusT
Participant

In the same way there are email templates, tasks would benefit. e.g

3, 6, 12 month courtesy/marketing/update call

Birthday card issue or other significant anniversary issue.

Proposal follow up

Progress checkers across a host of KPI's

Thanks

Marcus

elyas

Any good CRM should have this:

The new follow-up task that triggers upon completing an old task is great, especially for rescheduling the same task again, however, to ensure each deal gets the proper attention and nothing falls through the cracks within the team a task checklist template is an essential feature for any good CRM.