HubSpot Ideas

Mary_Cheney

Task Priority Status

Would love to see an option when creating tasks to assign an urgency level. 

It would be great if those tasks were color coded for the reps receiving the tasks or just some so of visual like a column dedicated to Urgency Status so that they can sort through those.

We are noticing urgent tasks, even when titled "Urgent" are still being missed by our reps.

HubSpot Updates
November 22, 2019 05:30 AM

@Shades thanks for the feedback. 

• Task priority is supported in company and deal based workflows. Contact workflows are being worked on now. 
  • Could you explain why you want a label for MEDIUM and LOW priority tasks? How do you know when a task is HIGH priority vs. MEDIUM or LOW? And what's the difference between a task that is MEDIUM or LOW priority and NOT a priority?
  • Tasks does support sorting by priority and filtering by priority today. 

November 22, 2019 05:28 AM

@VagaeNatus could you explain why the solution provided does not solve your problem?

Re: Task Priority - changed to: Delivered
November 21, 2019 06:35 AM

Hi HubSpot Community,

Scott from the product team here. We recently released the option to set a priority level on a task to all users. When creating tasks, you'll now have the option to label the task as "high" priority. When working in tasks, you can now also sort and filter by task priority.  

Feedback and thoughts welcome!

83 Replies
VagaeNatus
Key Advisor

@sjudson. With pleasure:

1/ Contact WF issue: The "Priority" property currently can't be set from a Contact WF.

2/ Property Type: I am not convinced a "Y/N" property type for a "Priority" property as we have today makes sense. Fundamentally, there is an infinite possible number of priorities as every task could be prioritized relative to the other and the amount of task is infinite... To me, that means the right design would have been a property that can store many many values (number or letters), not just one.

3/ Priority's inputs/outputs: if you read people above, many have the "Priority" as an output of other inputs (importance, urgency, category, etc.). It sounds like you can't capture all that with a single solution and you should not even aim to. What I would have done is just to release custom properties for tasks. Then let people create properties for categories, importance, urgencies... and if they want to, they could derive the priority from those other properties.

What's above is a holistic approach to deal with the priorities of the task, for anybody. Instead, we got a checkbox field...

I think Hubspot here is trying to think too much and delivers patches instead of a solution. You must go to the simple, essential solution. Think about how AirTable would handle that for example: create a new field called "Priority" (the output, a formula), create new fields for inputs (importance, urgency, the inputs). Done. Takes less than 5 min to the user to create. Works for all use cases described here.

Joevanbp

Hi ! 

As @Shades  mentioned it , it would be nice to have other Custom Task priorities: 

- High, Medium, Low with maybe other colors ? 

Hope it will be available one day ! 🙂 

MyLender

How about just more options than NONE or HIGH for priority?

PaulRBerg
Contributor

I also agree with @VagaeNatus and the others here that we should be able to assign custom priorities to task. It's a bit awkard that the only options today are:

- None
- High

Capture d’écran 2020-01-24 à 17.13.31.png

Rentmaris

I agree. Having it possible to set a priority yes/no helps but is not as sufficient as required. Especially now we're starting on Customer Success 

erica11
Top Contributor

We would like to see a medium priority category to help our sales team prioritise their tasks

dbovs
Participant

Virtually every To Do app on the market has multiple priority levels for a to do. For example, Todist app has four levels, Priority 1-4, which automatically sorts with highest prioroity(1) at the top of the list and with corresponding color-coded icon. sjudson you ask how to determine priority levels and why one would want it. Simply, top priority on top, lower ones down the list. Visually easy to quickly recognize the high priority to do's that need to get done today, ones that are important but not critical and the remaining nice to get to.

Examples of some to do's I would like to get done today, with the critical ones on top, so if I get thru the tops ones, I can tackle the less priority ones, but if not, I'll simply move to the next day.

1. Buy Purell and hand soap

1. Buy food

1. Buy beer

2. Get gas

2. Call mom

3. Go to library to get movies

4. Mow lawn

4. Clean house

toricook
Top Contributor

@dbovs— I just have to say that I really appreciate that "buy beer" is a number 1 priority for you.  Smiley Tongue

Sima

I vote for Medium and low priority too, it would be much easier to navigate among thousands of tasks our team has

Wholesale-Solar
Top Contributor

Why would Hubspot add a task priority drop down with only one value?

That's called a checkbox.

We need to the ability to custom the priorities or at least have 3 options low/med/high.

ulissesdias

It is really important for our company to have medium and low priority added in as well.

gavinger

Hubspot team, where are we at with this idea?

I'm a relatively new user but was amazed to find you can't set priorities for tasks - when is this coming? It's fundamental, and my team need it for task management in tickets.

Thanks, Gavin 

MarcusRedfern

Yet another upvote for more priority options on the tasks, I echo all the other comments above, a single option of high does not really fit the way everyone works, although perhaps HubSpot could set this feature request to High...... rather than the none it seems to be getting at the moment.

Timohoh
Participant

+1

kevinthecoder

I guess this is "Priority:None" for them.

tjacksonbsc

It would be great to be able to customize the naming convention of priority.  So don't just add Medium and Low, but let me add what I want.  I would like to have some tasks that are related to customer check ins, other tasks related to marketing, others to sales, and others to renewals.  We use tasks a lot, but I'd really like to make sure that all of my clients have a task associated with their renewals.  Given that they might have 1-4 tasks associated with them for a variety of reasons, I need a way to filter the tasks by a custom field.  I'm fine with Priority being the custom field, but let's just give it a little flexibility to allow people to use it however they need.

Wholesale-Solar
Top Contributor

@tjacksonbsc Totally agree here.

They already have code and process in place for custom "Call & meeting types" and "Call outcomes". 
All we need is simple screen to add "Task Priorities".

Izavella
Member | Partner

It would be great to just be able to design your own "priorities" for tasks.

And ... Would be great as well to have the chance to vote LIKE for this opinion! Lol.

anna_large

Mega upvote for adding Low and Medium on Task priority please! Even better if we could design custom drop downs. 

M0
Participant

@sjudson @blodge I hope one of you is still at Hubspot, and if not I hope somone at Hubspot sees this.

In the hubspot task settings (Settings > Objects > Tasks) there is onlyone option, and that is to toggle on or off "Follow up reminders". There aren't any other things that we can edit or change there.

There are also no options in the property settings (Settings > Properties > filter by) to change anything on the task object. You can only change properties on Company, Contact, Deal, Product, & Ticket objects. There is no way to edit the properties on a task, or to add custom fields to tasks.

As for the taks themselves, we only have 5 options in the dropdown To-do, Call, Email, Sales Navigator - inMail, & Sales Navigator - Connection Request. We only have those last two options because we are using the LinkedIn integration, is there an integration that allows us to have other options for TYPE outside of the 5 options.

task typestask types

It's super difficult to have the due date always be 3 days, and 8am. We want to have this as a default for each individual sales person based on their timezone, working hours, and how quickly they want to do a follow up task after the current task. We want to have 1-2 days most of the time and not 3 days. We want to have 6am, 7am, 8am, 9am, 10am, etc as options, and half hours would be a luxury as well with that custom time that is defaulted in task creation.

default of 3 business days and 8amdefault of 3 business days and 8am

Priority of None or High just isn't enough. There needs to be other options, even if it's in the settings and I turn it on and then customize it. To add or remove the options in the dropdown just as you would with a field on a deal/contact/company/etc.

task prioritiestask priorities