HubSpot Ideas

Mary_Cheney

Task Priority Status

Would love to see an option when creating tasks to assign an urgency level. 

It would be great if those tasks were color coded for the reps receiving the tasks or just some so of visual like a column dedicated to Urgency Status so that they can sort through those.

We are noticing urgent tasks, even when titled "Urgent" are still being missed by our reps.

HubSpot Updates
November 22, 2019 05:30 AM

@Shades thanks for the feedback. 

• Task priority is supported in company and deal based workflows. Contact workflows are being worked on now. 
  • Could you explain why you want a label for MEDIUM and LOW priority tasks? How do you know when a task is HIGH priority vs. MEDIUM or LOW? And what's the difference between a task that is MEDIUM or LOW priority and NOT a priority?
  • Tasks does support sorting by priority and filtering by priority today. 

November 22, 2019 05:28 AM

@VagaeNatus could you explain why the solution provided does not solve your problem?

Re: Task Priority - changed to: Delivered
November 21, 2019 06:35 AM

Hi HubSpot Community,

Scott from the product team here. We recently released the option to set a priority level on a task to all users. When creating tasks, you'll now have the option to label the task as "high" priority. When working in tasks, you can now also sort and filter by task priority.  

Feedback and thoughts welcome!

83 Replies
yn
Contributor

Yes agree the need to prioritise tasks and to have the option of private and public queues is a necessity!

lizyork
Participant

Another vote for this functionality. Not just for every day Sales Pro users but even for stakeholders who come into the Sales Dashboard Pipeline to be able to see quickly and visually how things are moving along. Please HubSpot, make this a feature soon.

IngeniumBooks

It is now August and I do nt see a function that is sooo basic to taks management I question our furutr interest. We are trying to make a decision to purchase one of three contentders and all the others have this feature... I like so many other feautres of HubSpot but this could be a deal breaker. Please please respond....

VagaeNatus
Key Advisor

We have the same need but we believe there is another solution (to be created by Hubspot) that is both better and that has more chances to be released by Hubspot if it gets upvoted: to have custom properties for tasks. We have custom properties for contacts, for deals, why not for tasks? Then, anyone could create a "priority" drop-down list property and add whatever value makes sense for its business.

If you agree, upvote the idea "Task custom properties" here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Task-custom-properties/idi-p/204853

VagaeNatus
Key Advisor

We have the same need but we believe there is another solution (to be created by Hubspot) that is both better and that has more chances to be released by Hubspot if it gets upvoted: to have custom properties for tasks. We have custom properties for contacts, for deals, why not for tasks? Then, anyone could create a "tag" multi-select drop-down list property and add whatever value makes sense for its business.

If you agree, upvote the idea "Task custom properties" here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Task-custom-properties/idi-p/204853

susaning
Participant

Help me SORT, SEARCH, or PRIORITIZE Tasks. 

It'd be valuable to be able to search my tasks by

*  Task [text] titles 

*  Priority Levels - sometimes 10 tasks/day out of 50 are CRITICAL and if time

is tight, I want to find them fast. 

*  Time + Date 

*  Company name

*  Contact Name

I  will often have about 200 tasks/day,  and I need to be able to prioritize them with STARS or with searchable, or find them more simply (by contact, company, date/time, any text in my description, etc).   Sometimes 10 of them are CRITICAL and TIME is of the essence, and I don't want to lose them in the shuffle. 

Anyone else see the value of being able to easily pull this kind of info?  

ptripodi
Participant

I confirm that the queue doesn't resolve the problem.

We need the possibility to can setup priority inside a queue.

TimGrohmann

+1 on this idea. It would be great to assign a priority and then have the ability to sort tasks by it in my overview. Some of my calls, follow-ups and email are simply more important than others so this feature could be incredibly helpful. Thanks!

MW
Participant

I would love to be able to color code or mark some tasks urgent. Agreeing with the above comments, adding URGENT to the title is not enough of a flag and can get missed.

yaryn_a

e.g. we have 100 for Monday, 20 of them are super important and should be done for sure. How could we detect which of 100 tasks are the most important?

CRM6300
Participant

This is urgent, can we please have this asap!

BrianR
Participant

I think this is a great idea. Task prioritization is critical and it's as easy as being able to have a drop down field... one which can be edited. Let's say the basic ones would be HIGH, MEDIUM and LOW, but the user could add others. This field would allow the user to sort the viewing window so it showed the daily tasks in order of priority so that the more important items get addressed first and they don't fall off the table.

pridhams

I think there is a resolution to this.  Create a list of QUEUES and assign each individual tasks to the one you wish.  I have Hot, Warm, Medium, Cold and Dead.   You can change the que as you go through each.   Just click on the que and it will bring up every task you have assigned to it.  See the link below

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/calling/how-do-i-create-a-call-queue

tomsedgwick
Contributor

Yeah, we really need a way to filter tasks based on custom property values.

We have a whole bunch of tasks that can sit for months while we are waiting for customers or suppliers to get back to us that clog up the task list. They need to be filtered out with a custom status property.

DrJ

YES PLEASE

allanrmanuel

+1 to this idea. This would make sales MUCH easier. You don't want to treat every prospect the same and the ability to segment tasks (e.g. based on deal amount) is crucial when you start your day. 

Zsolt_P

We need this! colour code, prio , lists & Orders , anything would be jsut helpful 

BrianHCP
Participant

I feel that as a salesperson, my day would be much more effecient if I was able to sort my tasks by timezone, so I could more easily know when I shouldn't should be calling my prospects. It is annoying when it's the end of the day, and I have to open all my tasks to find prospects who are an hour behind us. 

jimshanahan

just joined company using hubspot. I see the first request for a priotization function of task was made in early 2017. **bleep** ??? This can't be hard. Is the hubspot development team normally so callous towards good suggestions like this??

But moe importantly are there any work arounds ?????

BrianHCP
Participant

I think it would be great to be able to assign a priority to a task, as sometimes I get quite a few tasks every day, and it would be nice to be able to know which ones I absolutely have to get to that day.