Task Priority Status

Would love to see an option when creating tasks to assign an urgency level. 

It would be great if those tasks were color coded for the reps receiving the tasks or just some so of visual like a column dedicated to Urgency Status so that they can sort through those.

We are noticing urgent tasks, even when titled "Urgent" are still being missed by our reps.

HubSpot updates
Task Priority StatusHubSpot Product Team
3 weeks ago

@Shades thanks for the feedback. 

• Task priority is supported in company and deal based workflows. Contact workflows are being worked on now. 
  • Could you explain why you want a label for MEDIUM and LOW priority tasks? How do you know when a task is HIGH priority vs. MEDIUM or LOW? And what's the difference between a task that is MEDIUM or LOW priority and NOT a priority?
  • Tasks does support sorting by priority and filtering by priority today. 

3 weeks ago

@VagaeNatus could you explain why the solution provided does not solve your problem?

Re: Task Priority - changed to: Delivered
3 weeks ago

Hi HubSpot Community,

Scott from the product team here. We recently released the option to set a priority level on a task to all users. When creating tasks, you'll now have the option to label the task as "high" priority. When working in tasks, you can now also sort and filter by task priority.  

Feedback and thoughts welcome!

62 Replies
CRM6300
Occasional Contributor

This is urgent, can we please have this asap!

BrianR
Occasional Contributor

I think this is a great idea. Task prioritization is critical and it's as easy as being able to have a drop down field... one which can be edited. Let's say the basic ones would be HIGH, MEDIUM and LOW, but the user could add others. This field would allow the user to sort the viewing window so it showed the daily tasks in order of priority so that the more important items get addressed first and they don't fall off the table.

pridhams
New Contributor

I think there is a resolution to this.  Create a list of QUEUES and assign each individual tasks to the one you wish.  I have Hot, Warm, Medium, Cold and Dead.   You can change the que as you go through each.   Just click on the que and it will bring up every task you have assigned to it.  See the link below

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/calling/how-do-i-create-a-call-queue

tomsedgwick
Regular Contributor

Yeah, we really need a way to filter tasks based on custom property values.

We have a whole bunch of tasks that can sit for months while we are waiting for customers or suppliers to get back to us that clog up the task list. They need to be filtered out with a custom status property.

DrJ
Visitor

YES PLEASE

allanrmanuel
New Contributor

+1 to this idea. This would make sales MUCH easier. You don't want to treat every prospect the same and the ability to segment tasks (e.g. based on deal amount) is crucial when you start your day. 

Zsolt_P
New Contributor

We need this! colour code, prio , lists & Orders , anything would be jsut helpful 

BrianHCP
Occasional Contributor

I feel that as a salesperson, my day would be much more effecient if I was able to sort my tasks by timezone, so I could more easily know when I shouldn't should be calling my prospects. It is annoying when it's the end of the day, and I have to open all my tasks to find prospects who are an hour behind us. 

jimshanahan
New Contributor

just joined company using hubspot. I see the first request for a priotization function of task was made in early 2017. **bleep** ??? This can't be hard. Is the hubspot development team normally so callous towards good suggestions like this??

But moe importantly are there any work arounds ?????

BrianHCP
Occasional Contributor

I think it would be great to be able to assign a priority to a task, as sometimes I get quite a few tasks every day, and it would be nice to be able to know which ones I absolutely have to get to that day.