HubSpot Ideas

Mary_Cheney

Task Priority Status

Would love to see an option when creating tasks to assign an urgency level. 

It would be great if those tasks were color coded for the reps receiving the tasks or just some so of visual like a column dedicated to Urgency Status so that they can sort through those.

We are noticing urgent tasks, even when titled "Urgent" are still being missed by our reps.

83 Commentaires
BarryIanson
Membre

We would love a similar function here. Essential tasks are being lost in a sea of non-essentials.

mlucia503
Participant

Hi HubSpot Team!

I woud love the ability to filter my Tasks by priority so I can quickly drill down on my super hot leads and call them first followed by my hot leads, warm leads and so on. I currently avoid putting leads into my task list that aren't either super hot or hot even though I do want to follow-up with them because I end up with too many leads and no way to quickly filter down on the most important ones. I was putting all leads into my tasks list originally but was missing my hottest leads because of the lack of tagging/filtering. I'd imagine a 5-point scale and tagging abilities for each Task would do the trick. Also, if you have any ideas for managing this problem within the current framework they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

dcorbell
Membre
Agreed. The ability for the team to collaborate on the priority of tasks, not just Deals, would be great. Color tagging priority in the Board view would be cool. Mainly, just to be able to collaborate on categorizing tasks as High, Medium, or Low priority in some way would be incredibly helpful.
blodge
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

@mlucia503 thanks for the feedback! Have you had a chance to try our new Task queues feature? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/tasks/how-to-use-task-queues-in-hubspot-crm

You could create different priority queues to manage your tasks.

jcare1138
Participant

Definitely so.  You can tell that the CRM was not created by sales professionals.  This is something that every other CRM I've used had a function for.  The closest I've come to having a work-around is "tagging" all my important tasks as "email" category which I can then filter through the view when calling all my important tasks.  

wurtis
Membre

Thanks, but creating queues isn't the answer - especially because you limit me to only ten queues.  I'm already doubling up on focuntional areas in the queues because of that limitation.

What's needed is the ability to add an arbitrary set of TAGs to a task.  That way you as a developer don't care what the tag is, you can just filter on it.  This is the way THINGS handles priority(or urgency) and importance(meatiness) of tasks.  They aren't inherent to the task list, rather, you just allow people to create any set of tags they want.

My set of tags might be:

Low Importance

Medium Importance

High Importance

Not Urgent

Medium Urgent

Very Urgent

Personal

Funny

Random Ideas

Expense Related

Taxes

Please please please:  this caiability is crucial, and it CRIPPLES your task function.  Without the ability to tag or sort tasks by urgency or importance, I have to PROHIBIT my whole team from using this part of the product.

wurtis
Membre

Please please please:  this capability is crucial, and it CRIPPLES Hubspot's task "function."  Without the ability to tag or sort tasks by urgency or importance, I have to PROHIBIT my whole team from using this part of your product. 

What's needed is the ability to add an arbitrary set of TAGs to a task.  That way you as a developer don't care what the tag is, you can just filter on it.  Check out THINGS (from CulturedCode... really nice piece of work!) .  https://culturedcode.com/things/

This is the way HUBSPOT should handle priority(or urgency) and importance(meatiness) of tasks.  Use TAGS.  They aren't inherent to the task list, rather, you just allow people to create any set of tags they want.

My set of tags might be:

Low Importance

Medium Importance

High Importance

Not Urgent

Medium Urgent

Very Urgent

Personal

Funny

Random Ideas

Expense Related

Taxes

Jimmyj
Membre

Another vote for this functionality.

taf
Contributeur

I'd love this too!

aratilevelten
Membre

It would be helpful to be able to see the tasks in ascending order as well as descending, currently only descending order is available. 

taylorilacqua
Membre

We are currently looking for a way to assign tasks to our sales people while making it immediately obvious to them what tasks should be prioritized. My thought was to add a field in tasks that could be detailed as Priority 1, 2 & 3. As this is it's own field then the sales person could sort and see all their Priority 1 tasks first etc. As of right now, I don't see a way to add a custom field in Tasks. Is there a workaround or perhaps a suggestion that would help us accomplish the same idea? Would love some help.

VBao
Membre

Totally agreed. Either color tags or we can rate the customers by stars, for example, 5 for hottest, and 1 for coldest will really be helpful. It seems almost a year since the first idea submitted. Hope it may solve in the near future.

noah
Participant

A priority function would be amazing! Queues is not the solution to te the problem

anniemor
Participant

HS team, please do something on Task priority

Priority in the task is crucial for sales team, and queues are unfortunately not a solution to the problem as you can't filter the task in a queue.

(good proposal from wurtis by the way)

spogue
Contributeur de premier rang

Tasks need a priority level! All task managers have it and Hubspot needs it too!

spogue
Contributeur de premier rang

I echo this functionality - Tasks need a priority level. All task managers have it and Hubspot needs it too.

yn
Contributeur

completely agree with above recommendations. Our tasks are being lost amongst non important tasks and it's taking time to figure out what's important and what's not

ClicKnowledge
Participant

Me too. Would love to be able to prioritize or even just click and drag the way they are displayed under a heading so I can see my most important task first, second one second...

MistressVegas
Participant

How can this possibly not be a standard function in the CRM? I have been trying to figure out how to do it for months and it just isn't there. Task queis are USELESS, as you can't use them to assign tasks to other people. There is no recurring task function, and no way to priortize tasks. This is kind of ridiculous. Task prioritization needs to be added immediately. This idea is over a year old and there is plenty of support on it here. Let's get this moving HubSpot. 

MistressVegas
Participant

This idea is all over the site!! Please add task priorities NOW. and for goodness sake amalgamate all the same ideas into one so you can get a real ide of how many people are requesting the same thing using different words. Another request for task priorities and this one too is over a year old. Ridiculous!!! HUBSPOT GET WITH IT.