HubSpot Ideas

JCassedy

Task Pop-Out Window to Contain Notes, Emails, Call Info for Context

I find that I get severely sidetracked when I use the tasks on the Tasks page. I click the task, then click usually into contact or the deal, then review my notes and previous communications, then make my call or fulfill my to do, but then I feel a lot of distance between that task and the other tasks. I don't just barrel through the rest of them efficiently like a task terminator which I feel like I could be.

What I think would be great is after a task is created and properly associated with a Contact, Company, or Deal - that within the Tasks View (Top Menu: Sales > Tasks) that when I click a task and the pop-out shoots out from the right side of the page, I would like to see included in that pop-out (at the bottom, probably) a distilled activity feed showing previous Notes, Emails, and Calls. It would just make the flow so much easier to go from task to task and stay on that Tasks page.

3 Replies
krispag
Top Contributor

Basically, the same Preview functionality when viewing companies, contacts, or deals from the table view.

JCassedy

krispag, I was hoping for something more like a mini, distilled activity feed like you would find on a contact, company, and deal record. The basic note, call, previous tasks, and email info to inform my next move with context from previous communications as to not need to provide myself massive amount of context in the task notes/description.

KylieMar
Participant

When logging a note you can check a box to create a task, the name and description of tasks created this way are titled non-descriptively "follow up (deal name). With only the date and time to link it to the related note. This is time consuming if you need to go into the notes within the deal an scroll through all the notes to find the one that it is linked too 

Ideally the task should copy and hold the information contained within the note as reference - OR link directly to the note so that we can easily see the context and reference for the task.