HubSpot Ideas

lrn24

Task Due Date Time

When creating a task, it defaults to being due at 5 pm. There is no way to change the default for this. You need to manually change every task which is time-consuming. There should be an option for default this time to one of your choosing. 

HubSpot Updates
May 03, 2021 02:52 PM

@Anonymous though it was intentionally left out initially, we are now working to have task creation preferences apply to follow up tasks as well, so no need to create a separate idea for it now. Stay tuned for that update coming soon. 

Delivered
April 28, 2021 07:28 AM

Hi All,

Now you can set your default due date/time and reminders for tasks created from the CRM. To do so, head to Settings>General>Tasks and set your preferences. 

For more information on how to set task creation defaults, see this knowledge article.

Thank you!

Scott

In Beta
April 15, 2021 06:45 AM

Hi HubSpot Community,

I am pleased to announce that now in beta are task creation defaults. This will enable you to customize your default due date, due time, and reminder when creating tasks through the CRM. If you're interested in getting beta access, please submit your information here

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 8.37.27 AM.png

Being Reviewed
March 18, 2021 05:53 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for the spirited discussion around this one -- all points have been well made. We are actively working on a solution that will enable you to set your own custom default due date and reminder for tasks. As soon as it is ready for beta, I will post again here. 

Thanks for your patience,

Scott

Being Reviewed
April 28, 2020 06:56 AM

Hi HubSpot Community,

Thanks for the thoughtful commentary on this particular idea. We've since changed the default task due time to be 8:00 am. 

We are also working to remove the "Due Time" requirement from tasks altogether. This will make it such that tasks only need a "Due Date" but not a "Due Time". I am changing the status of this idea to Being Reviewed as our team scopes out this work. 

Thank you,

Scott

January 14, 2019 10:55 AM

Sorry to hear about the frustration. One thing I wanted to clarify, it seems there's been a little confusion between what the due date and the reminder date are doing.

For the comment "Who wants to be reminded of the tasks they were supposed to do that day just before they're about to go home"

The reminder date/time is separate from the due date/time. For example, by default the task is set to be due at 5pm, and the reminder to be sent at 8am. In this case, you would be reminded at 8am, not 5pm. 

The idea behind setting the default due date to 5pm was that you give yourself until the typical end of business day before that task is considered overdue. If the time was set to say 8am, as soon as the start of business, your task would be in red and considered overdue. 

At any rate, we've been getting similar feedback from customers in other channels, and we are going to change the default time from 5pm to 8am.

As to having the ability to set a default time, this is something our team can look into. 

Thanks for bringing up your feedback. 

176 Replies
rwong
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting this on behalf of a customer! It would be great if the task "due date" default (now set to 3 business days) can be customised in settings by each user, since each user is working with different timelines

GenesisStamford
Contributor

WOW! is all I can say after going through this thread looking for a solution or a response.  I can't believe there has been absolutley no reponse from anyone at Hubspot.  This "seemingly" small change that we're all requesting will save us all significant time and patience over the long run, and to get no reponse is really sad.

agoodson11

Heyo - throwing my vote in the ring here. I, for one, don't come into the office until 10am and occassionally I don't remember to reset the task reminder time so I get it while I'm in the middle of my morning routine. Would like the ability through a master setting, to set the time to an hour of my choosing. 

Jonte-Marshall
Participant

Wow - can't believe this hasn't been implemented? Just a simple option of "change default settings"?

Msyvrais
Key Advisor

So annoying when you work differently than your colleagues and want to set reminders specifically for a certain time of day.

Delphine

Totally agree with the suggestion to enable us to change the default time, we shouldn't have to do this manually every time, I set up dozens of tasks every day, I'd really like to have the default time of my choice . Thanks

HeyJoe

It looks like this was submitted to HubSpot as an idea over a year ago.  Does HubSpot have an ETA on when this will be implemented? 

aiwamizu

It's 2020! Can this simple change please be implemented?

GenesisStamford
Contributor

Welcome to the black hole that is HubSpot support

hchristian
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting on behalf of a customer as well 🙂 

tgwalker

YES PLEASE!

sjudson
HubSpot Product Team

Hi HubSpot Community,

Thanks for the thoughtful commentary on this particular idea. We've since changed the default task due time to be 8:00 am. 

We are also working to remove the "Due Time" requirement from tasks altogether. This will make it such that tasks only need a "Due Date" but not a "Due Time". I am changing the status of this idea to Being Reviewed as our team scopes out this work. 

Thank you,

Scott

JudahOME
Participant

Where the **bleep** did 3 days come from. A default of tomorrow makes the most sense...

Please change it or better yet, allow customers to customize it.

JB-AMTech
Contributor

This would be so useful as we have users in the US getting updates at 2am!

superadmin-mak
Participant

Please develop this function asap! To change the default parameter is a must have feature for a software solution like hubspot!

Thanks and regards

Marcel

Achoo
HubSpot Employee

Posting on behalf of a customer:

It'll be great if users were given the option to set their own defaults for the Tasks' due dates, instead of having it set to 8am. 

Jonas_h

Same here, 3 days does not work for us and is a source of error if someone forget it to change. 

lrn24
Contributor

It would be great if this was customizable. 

Paymash

In general it would be good to set different default settings (for example different due time, change type from "To-Do" to "Call" or "Email", deactivate "Email reminder") when creating a new task manually.

DeefromAprio

HATE the 8am default. Wish I could set my own. I'm at my desk at 7am doing my tasks and at 8am it sends me an email despite it being done. 

Please reveiw this and allow us to set our own default time.