Task Due Date Time

When creating a task, it defaults to being due at 5 pm. There is no way to change the default for this. You need to manually change every task which is time-consuming. There should be an option for default this time to one of your choosing. 

HubSpot updates
86 Replies
1119ellie
New Contributor

It would be nice if we could do our own default time for a task under our settings.  That way everyone can have it specifically meet their needs.  If it has to be the same for everyone, I would like it to default at 5:00 PM.  I'm not fond of the "red text" the beginning morning showing that I'm already overdue Smiley Happy

Levyn
Regular Contributor

Yes, this is very annoying as I get a bunch of e-mails AND iphone app notifications every morning when I'm not even at work yet. And it's a small inconvenience to change the task reminder time each time, but when you do this 20 times a day, each day, it really gets on your nerves.

kbarrera
Regular Contributor

+1 Much needed! 

By default, you have to click 2 places - or my reps have to remember to go back and reset the task follow up time to the default time. You're forced to select at a minimum "1 business day" and by default 8am. This should be the same menu as the other tasks created - you can pick your exact date and time (it will vary based on situation -sometimes the follow up will be the same day, a few hours, sometimes it will be the next day, sometimes it will be 3 days/5 days/etc.)

dguido
New Contributor

I think you should be able to remove the time all together.  I am not refering to the reminder, but the task itself.  I dont use task as exact times so my default is 8 AM and when i come in every morning, all my task for that day are red and show as over due.

MattLessard
New Contributor

Looking to do that too

pollardben
New Contributor

I want this!

L_555

This is 2 years on from when the original idea was submitted and still such a simple thing has not been actioned.  Still on the fence about hubspot- lack of response around issues such as this do not help.

melissalynn
Occasional Contributor

Agreed. This simple reuqest is one of our bigger frustrations.

AlexanderShesha

+1. Really need the custom defaults (time, date, reminders) for the tasks

Would be great to have an option to not scedule the task to a specific time, pick only a day

leowangup42

I agree with dguido, I rarely have a task that I need to do at an exact time. I have tasks that I need to do a certain day. A default of 8am not only means that everything is overdue immediately and shows as red (which is annoying), but because it's overdue, it also means that the "Next Activity Date" for that company disappears.

This affects any filters where you are trying to filter out companies with a Next Activity Date as companies now with overdue tasks show up in this filter.

I would much rather default having no time associated with a task, and allowing a rep to specify a time when it truly needs to be done at a certain time. If it's really really time sensitive, you should probably just put it in your calendar or set a reminder.