HubSpot Ideas

lrn24

Task Due Date Time

When creating a task, it defaults to being due at 5 pm. There is no way to change the default for this. You need to manually change every task which is time-consuming. There should be an option for default this time to one of your choosing. 

176件のコメント
TravisG
メンバー

The 5pm default time is horrible. This should be a setting that can be customized. This has been driving me crazy, along with the task reminder email being a default.

johnchapman1136
メンバー

I liked it much better when I didn't have to associate a time with a task.  If a user wants to add a time, that's great, but otherwise please do not require a default time, or any time when creating a task.  My daily tasks are usually not defined by times, and therefore this is adding a layer that is very inefficient.  There are definitely occasions when a time is needed, but I prefer to be able to select a time when that is case.  At the very least, please change the the default time back to 8:00 am when a new task is set.   I'm actually very surprised by this recent change and would like to know who prefers this method and why?  Maybe I'm missing something.  Otherwise, please change this back ASAP if possible.  Thanks!   

Zuleica
メンバー

Hello Team, 

Please remove the default time for the tasks or allow us to customize. I also agree with John and most of my tasks don't have a time to be done.
It's really upseting to get the reminders to tasks so close to the end of my day or also it takes a lot of time to be changing each of the times for the tasks, specially when you have lots of leads to follow up.

Thank you.

natan
メンバー

need this too!

HubbubTom
メンバー

I agree that having a default time is probably suboptimal for your wider user base.  If a user wants to add a time to a particular task then so be it, however, to force a time upon a particular task by default seems a little odd.  Obviously by removing the time you are actually triggering the reminder email for midnight anyway so it is understandable that a default may need to exist.

That said - our workflow is to set future tasks which generate emails (by way of a reminder) on an intended day that task is due for completion.  If we have to have a time default for a task then it makes much more sense for this time to be in the morning of the particular day prior to people getting to work so they have their email reminders when they get to their desk.  We were therefore happy with the 0800 hrs default. 

To move that default to 1700 hrs seems very odd especially with no way to customize that default time.  Our people now end up with a bunch of tasks coming through towards the end of their day which seems counter-intuitive.

brettworden
メンバー

The task default due date time was set to 8:00am however recently switched to 5:00pm. This is for the reminder of the task to be sent out, in today's world sales reps are working fast and not focused on the reminder time so when setting up their follow up tasks and other activities for their task queue they run into issues with completing them on time as the reminders are coming at 5pm when they are leaving for the day. 

please allow for it to be a controlled feature where we can preset it to what we want, or revert back to 8am. 

lalexander
HubSpot Employee

Hey team! I completely agree that this is important for workflow efficiency - I'd love to see the ability to change the default task due time!

francine0228
メンバー

I liked it much better when I didn't have to associate a time with a task.  If a user wants to add a time, that's great, but otherwise please do not require a default time, or any time when creating a task.  My daily tasks are usually not defined by times, and therefore this is adding a layer that is very inefficient.  There are definitely occasions when a time is needed, but I prefer to be able to select a time when that is case.  At the very least, please change the the default time back to 8:00 am when a new task is set.  

^^^What John said. Please set it back to 8AM or remove a time as a whole. This would be an amazing feature if we could choose our own default time. 

vivian
メンバー

I do not like having a time associated with a task as my tasks are to be done in no certain order. I want there to be a way to go back to tasks without time but if needed for others to have time be optional. It makes some tasks look overdue when there is a time, that is not. 

Morgan1234
メンバー

Hi there. I think it would be nice to have the default time to 12:00 AM. This way a task is due on that day and not a specific time. We don't need all tasks set to 8:00 AM when we are just getting in the office, and especially NOT at 5:00 PM after our day has ended. No deafult time would be the best option. You should be able to just choose a day and select a time if needed. 

achristian
参加者

Glad to see I am not the only one with issues on task times! Task time should be optional- not requiredsimilar to the structure of emailed task alerts.   When it comes to managing ones day, a good rule of thumb would be to allow for the functionality to be turned off or on.  It seems like the team did not put any thought into this and simply made it a requirement.  And the default of 5pm? What an odd time to select for a default! 

Please change this back ASAP if possible.  Thanks!   

mackenzieb
メンバー

I agree that task times should be optional, not required. I think it would be nice to have the default time to 12:00 AM. This way a task is due on that day and not a specific time. We don't need all tasks set to 8:00 AM when we are just getting in the office, and especially NOT at 5:00 PM after our day has ended. No default time would be the best option. You should be able to just choose a day and select a time if needed. 

Gerald
メンバー

this change is all back to front, the default needs to be in the morning so at least if you forget to set a time for your task it pops into your inbox first thing (popping into your inbox when you're heading home is crazy!). ability for users to set there default time on tasks wold be a great feature 

blodge
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Sorry to hear about the frustration. One thing I wanted to clarify, it seems there's been a little confusion between what the due date and the reminder date are doing.

For the comment "Who wants to be reminded of the tasks they were supposed to do that day just before they're about to go home"

The reminder date/time is separate from the due date/time. For example, by default the task is set to be due at 5pm, and the reminder to be sent at 8am. In this case, you would be reminded at 8am, not 5pm. 

The idea behind setting the default due date to 5pm was that you give yourself until the typical end of business day before that task is considered overdue. If the time was set to say 8am, as soon as the start of business, your task would be in red and considered overdue. 

At any rate, we've been getting similar feedback from customers in other channels, and we are going to change the default time from 5pm to 8am.

As to having the ability to set a default time, this is something our team can look into. 

Thanks for bringing up your feedback. 

Thomas_Vanguard
参加者 | Platinum Partner

This does need to be fixed.  Wasn't the default previously the current time?

SGV
参加者

Well, I think Hubspot is listening...and perhaps playing tricks on us.  My tasks are now randomly assigning times of 12:00 am, 8:00 am, and 5:00 pm.  I'll set up tasks throughout the day and they could have any one of these three times assigned to them.  I may set up a task that's assigned 12:00 am, then the next might be 8:00 am, then the next few 5:00 pm.  No logic to it that I can see and seriously annoying.  There is the functionality for them to change the assigned time obviously...my preference would to have no time assigned, and I would assign it myself if I wanted to.  Alternatively, I would vote for 8 or 9 am.  There is likely no way to please everyone, but whatever they do it would be nice for it to be consistent.  

kmerker
メンバー

There other requests for changing the default time for tasks. This because different businesses consider different times to be optimal for reminders. Some businesses want the defailt time to be 8 am, others want 10 am and others want 5 pm.

The main issue is that Hubspot doesnt give the users the option to choose themselves.

My request is that Hubspot gives each user te option to choose their own default times.

tcies
メンバー

Setting of the time on newly created tasks should default to 12:00 AM. When this is done, the time is dropped from the task and ony the date is displayed. Subsequently, if an actual time is needed for an event, meeting, etc, then a tiime can be entered when appropriate. This would clean up a lot of reports and would also indicate those tasks that are time sensisitve.

asgilroy
参加者

Yep. For me it's 8 am and i come into work at 8:30 so as soon as i come in all my tasks for the day show as "overdue" 

scp1024
メンバー

100% this is THE most annoying thing about using Hubspot. How it is that it is marked as 'Solved' and the answer from Hubspot is " I would reccommend working with your teams to ensure specific task times are met." LOL right-o