Task Creation now forces choice of time of day without option to create task without a time as well

IDEA: Sometime last week [week of December 14th 2018] the option to create a Task without a specific time of day disappeared.  Now all new Tasks created force selection of a time of day as well.  This is burdensome and inconvenient IMHO.  Please correct me if I'm wrong but Task creation screens have changed.  My IDEA is to reinstate previous screens so that the option to create a non-time dependent Task is available.  Thanks

12 Replies
Occasional Contributor

Totally agree, removing functionaility rather than giving additional options really mess with user's workflows. 

We want the ability to set a task that is not time dependent, just due by a certain day/date. Then when we have tasks that really are exact time dependent, they're not just mixed in with everything else.

New Contributor

I totally agree with the above. Before, I was able to create my tasks without an specific time. If a time had been chosen I was able to edit it by deleting the specific time. This is now not possible and it is making my working life more difficult. Please restore as it used to be. Thanks a lot 

New Contributor

I completely agree with everyone on this Forum. My team and I were able to set tasks without a time as this was vital and kept everyone from getting confused with appointments and installations. Without this, it makes it harder to keep everything organized and harder to tell if something was actually set for the time specified on the task. Similar to the above statement, it blends these tasks in with each other and makes it difficult to differentiate them as well. This is interrupting my teams workflow and would love for it to be restored to how it was beforehand. Thank you!

Occasional Contributor

Yes! I agree with the above. This would be extremely helpful and/or the ability to change the default time of the task. They are all defaulting to a time of 5pm which makes NO sense. 

Visitor

I agree. It is really frusterating to have it automatically set to 5:00pm. It makes things super confusing and really difficult. 

New Contributor

I agree, super inconvenient in real life senarios.

New Contributor

I agree.  This would help out our workflow tremdemously.

New Contributor

Yes I totally agree, this makes it more time consuming to then have to change tasks times. Please change.

New Contributor

+1
what's the point in removing this the feature?

New Contributor

I agree. I don't need a time on my tasks. 

Occasional Contributor

Agreed. Would be great if Hubspot made a time optional

New Contributor

Hello,

My team and I would like to have the time feature removed when creating a task. We need the date with no timestamp attached to it. It becomes very untidy when we have notifications from the task with specific timestamps attached to them. We all typically need a quick reminder for the day, but not at one particular time. Our days are usually unpredictable with the substantial amount of meeting and phone calls we have. With the need to commit to other conferences and such, we need our task to be as flexible for that day as possible.