HubSpot Ideas

Daria

Targeting possibilities for Social Media posting

We're currently using HubSpot for Twitter posts, but when it comes to Facebook and LinkedIn... We simply can't, and here's why: we need to use language targeting for Facebook, as our fans speak various languages and we don't have the same message for each audience. Same punishment for LinkedIn: we use the audience targeting tool to be more relevant with our social posts.

I assume that it is quite difficult with LinkedIn as their API seems to be have quite a few restrictions (e.g posting images) but Facebook geo-targeting and language tageting features must be available.

HubSpot Updates
In Planning
September 12, 2023 11:06 AM

February 01, 2021 09:02 AM

Hi all,

The social team is currently working on the infrastructure in order to support Linkedin Post Targeting. This feature is on our radar as something we want to build for our users, but have some steps we need to complete first. Thank you for your valued feedback and your patience. 

August 17, 2020 07:36 AM

@LFerrer understood! To clarify this feature is working as designedbut it has only been created for Facebook. Per my comment above, Linkedin retargeting is on our radar, but we have infrastructure work that needs to be completed as a foundation for this feature. Thank you for your patience!

August 17, 2020 06:27 AM

@LFerrer Hi Luciano, can you please reach out to our support team with your specific issue, and our engineering team can take a look. Thank you!

August 17, 2020 05:46 AM

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback. 

Quick update, our team has Linkedin post targetting on our radar as a feature we want to complete, however, this will not be delivered in the near feature. We are currently working on our code base to be able to support this feature. 

We will keep you posted, and thank you for your patience.

March 11, 2020 10:11 AM

Currently this feature will only be for Facebook image & text, but we look to expand this to Linkedin. 

Delivered
March 11, 2020 09:07 AM

Hi all - we have begun to release this functionality to our social users, and hoping to be live to all by next week! If you would like to be ungated early, please fill the form below:

https://forms.gle/MXVYzRamKk8LTSQW7

June 13, 2019 06:42 AM

@eguillard - still in planning. I promise I'll update this thread when we've got a beta for you all to play with!

In Planning
February 15, 2019 11:22 AM

Hi all! Thanks for all of the feedback on this one. Could you help us build the best feature for you by answering a few quick questions? (It will take you less than 3 minutes and we'll build a better feature because of it) 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeizVoUa0ybohjdZ9D48A7ET4NyxhfVHSLXsMzpYhCWo2MMXA/viewform?usp=sf_link

July 10, 2018 07:05 AM

Thanks all for the love for this idea. It's on our backlog but I don't have a timeline to share for you.

Idea Submitted
September 20, 2017 09:06 AM

June 02, 2017 08:09 AM

Hey @vernierd that's great to hear, please do send all interested parties from your HUG to this thread to vote!

We were unable to migrate votes from UserVoice to this platform, however we did record them and they will be taken into account. I'll see if I can find this number for you - stay tuned!

June 02, 2017 03:00 AM

Hello @RDJ72 @troelsfeodor @vernierd @Buxert I can confirm that this is a feature both HubSpot's social and localization product teams are evaluating but that at this time HubSpot does not have an ETA / development roadmap. Rest assured this does not mean that HubSpot is declining to build this feature, but that the product teams are in the process of quantifying demand, understanding the use cases / roadblocks / goals of users and determining how this could fit in with the overall roadmap of the Social product. 

The more votes this idea receives the better product management teams are able to quantify demand across HubSpot's user base. I also wanted to let you know that on our previous Ideas Forum this feature had a lot of votes that have also been recorded internally and taken into account. The comments and examples above are incredibly helpful - thank you. 

The status of this idea was previous at 'In Planning' and I sincerely apologise that this was an administrative mistake on my part. I am the process of evaluating how Status labels are used / could be improved - and I would love if you could send me your feedback directly. 'In Planning' means a feature is going to be built within the next quarter (that is not the case for this feature) but I am considering introducing a label e.g. 'Evaluating' that better communicates the status of the feature. 

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any further questions, concerns or feedback - again I apologise for my previous miscommunication on this thread. 

Thanks all. 

May 04, 2017 01:21 AM

Hey @RDJ72 apologies for the delay here, I'm in the process of reaching out to our Product Team for feedback on the above. Stay tuned! Thank you. 

Needs Detail
April 27, 2017 02:10 PM

Hello @mzimmerman @RDJ72 @Julianagrunwald my apologies for getting back to you late, this is something that is been reviewed by our Product teams. Stay tuned here for an update. Could you please provide details of the languages you are most in need of targeting?

99 Replies
PvanDiggele

Big +1 for this one! Essential feature for any international company doing field marketing!

juha-solteq
Member | Partner

Hi, latest update is from Feb 2021. Anything to share since then @jacquimalis? Really looking forward to post to LinkedIn via HubSpot, but I need country targeting option.

Tinde
Participant

I'd love to hear also about the possibility to target audience in LinkedIn! As previous update is almost a year old, perhaps this is just around the corner? 🙂

JQuirozv

Any updates to the LinkedIn post targeting feature to be implemented? We are a global

company and need to be able to schedule posts per geo or language.

Thanks

AmbraG

Hi @jacquimalis , is it possible to have an update on the subject? this feature would allow us to use HS also for SM posting. thanks

eguillard

Same here, it's been many years now waiting for the feature to go out. We have been told so many times that it was in the roadmap.

Is it really in the roadmap though after 5 years? 

SAakervik
Member | Platinum Partner

Hi, 

Is there any update on this? The last update on this feature was two years ago... @jacquimalis 

Best, 

Sarah

mbrown
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Is there an update to when this be released? @Daria 

LChampney

I just asked this very question to our hubspot rep and this is super frustrating that you cant target like you can on LinkedIn. As it should mirror the LinkedIn experience - please get this implemented like many have before on social media scheduling platforms. Its really needed. 

Gui_PULT

2 years went by since the last update from the HS product team.... Any news?
It makes the social media posting feature completely unusable most of the time, and we have to go through the posting process manually on Linkedin itself...
Posting in the corresponding language to the corresponding target group (targeted by (browser/account language) is a must imho.

Mattheus
Participant | Elite Partner

What a bummer.. I was so happy when I thought this was finally rolled out, untill I realized it's Facebook only. It's a need to have for global B2B's

MWogan
HubSpot Employee

Something that would be great to have on the platform!

CNiemann

Any update from Hubspot about the possibility of targeting via LinkedIn? My team would love this feature as we also have multiple languages we'd like to target separately. 

Leeyman
HubSpot Product Team

JQuirozv

In planning. Interesting. 🙂 Thanks HubSpot team.

florianl

Finally! Thank you @Leeyman for this gerat information. Can't wait for this new feature 👍

SRuckaberle

Can somebody give an update when this will be implemented? That would be great!

Philg01

This is a big factor for using the social tab at all - need language and location targetting!