HubSpot Ideas

Daria

Targeting possibilities for Social Media posting

We're currently using HubSpot for Twitter posts, but when it comes to Facebook and LinkedIn... We simply can't, and here's why: we need to use language targeting for Facebook, as our fans speak various languages and we don't have the same message for each audience. Same punishment for LinkedIn: we use the audience targeting tool to be more relevant with our social posts.

I assume that it is quite difficult with LinkedIn as their API seems to be have quite a few restrictions (e.g posting images) but Facebook geo-targeting and language tageting features must be available.

99 Commentaires
JKelleher
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond

This would be awesome! Our clients in particular would love it if we could do location targeting for Facebook. 

RDJ72
Membre

Hi @roisinkirby,

We are almost 4 months further now, after the initial post with the request. To be quite honest, I think it is ridiculous that after 4 months of a request backed by several of your customers, there still is not one concrete answer on if, when, and to what extend the social publishing feature will be enhanced. 

Please advice what other route then this - not working - ideas community is available to us to have a proper discussion and feedback from Hubspot. 

HRobinson
Membre

Hello - I'd really love to be able to target based on country - it seems almost implied in the requests for languages but I didn't see it specifically called out. Is ggeotargeting also in the proeduct team's plans for social, specifically Twitter and LinkedIn?

Ahan
Membre

This feature is critical for our organisation as well - specifically, the ability to target by cities/states in Australia. Is there at least another tool with this feature that we can integrate or sync into Hubspot?

antoinepotloc
Participant

Hi all,

Agreed, language and Geo targeting on FB is basic social 101. Please advise when completed 🙂 so we can start using your tool.

tks

Statut mis à jour : Idea Submitted
roisinkirby
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

cewells
Participant

Hello.

As a new HubSpot client, we are disappointed to find out that language targeting is not a possiblity with the HubSpot Social tool.  We are now forced to buy another tool to handle this important task in any multi-language/multi-country social media strategy...

LauraFere
Membre

Hi all, 

today Facebook gives the possibility to post in multiple languages. But at the moment, in Hubspot, this feature is not possible and we publish a post both in English and in Italian (in the same post). It would be great if this feature is implemented in Hubspot.

mtuggle
Membre

Is there an update on this functionality? 

Gabdiga
Membre

Hi  @roisinkirby,

is there any update on this? 

Thanks

Gab

JuWi
Participant

Hi,

to us it is really important to create one post with different languages.

Since we want to write  the English versions of our post by ourselves, so not all users see a German post and have to click on translate. You´ll never know how good the translation is, thats shown then. If I set up a post directly on Facebook, I can add to the original post another language and Facebook shows  users the post in their language.

We really need that feature in Hubspot aswell, otherwise I can´t use Hubspot anymore to monitor my posts.

Here you cann see the possibilities on Facebook.Screenshot facebook post DE_EN.PNG

Daria
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Thanks all for the love for this idea. It's on our backlog but I don't have a timeline to share for you.

matteocloudnova
Contributeur

Definetly a priority for any agency that operates outside US territory.

Please make it happen!

silehmann
Membre

Also critical for us. Can you please share a timeline for Social Media Targeting?

silehmann
Membre

Just found out that falcon.io seems now able to provide LinkedIn Targeting for:

• Geographic location
  • Language
  • Industry
  • Company size
  • Job function
  • Seniority

https://www.falcon.io/help/publish/target-linkedin-posts/

To me, that looks like LinkedIn opened up its API for targeting. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/linkedin/marketing/integrations/community-management/shares/share-a...

christinadube
Participant

We are in need of this functionality too. We are a global orgnization with the need to geo-target and post in various languages. It would be a great add from Hubspot as the only tool on the market we can find to do this is Hootsuite - and it's really expensive. It would not only be a good add to the existing platform, but it would fill a niche need too. 

emelie
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Also need this functionality for our customers!

acrawford
Membre

Yes! Do this please.... We want this because we have a global account and we want to target our regional facebook users.

InviseAgency
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Elite

Super relevant idea. Totally neccesary! 

LauraFere
Membre

Hi @roisinkirby We would like to post in multiple languages through HubSpot, when will this feature be available?  Thanks