HubSpot Ideas

Daria

Targeting possibilities for Social Media posting

We're currently using HubSpot for Twitter posts, but when it comes to Facebook and LinkedIn... We simply can't, and here's why: we need to use language targeting for Facebook, as our fans speak various languages and we don't have the same message for each audience. Same punishment for LinkedIn: we use the audience targeting tool to be more relevant with our social posts.

I assume that it is quite difficult with LinkedIn as their API seems to be have quite a few restrictions (e.g posting images) but Facebook geo-targeting and language tageting features must be available.

99 Comentários
Julianagrunwald
Membro

We are experiencing the same problem. I'd really love to know when the feature is available 🙂

RDJ72
Membro
This is extremely important for our organization as well, as otherwise the teams will not use Hubspot for Facebook and LinkedIn. We target all our postings. @roisinkirby - do you have an indication of the delivery of this tool now it has the status 'planned'?
mzimmerman
Participante

A lot of our social media accounts have a global audience. When we share any data points on these channels or link to any research, we need to ensure the information we are sharing is targeted at the countries the data is originating from. So this feature is vital for us to have in order to start using HubSpot to manage our social media accounts.

Status atualizado para: Needs Detail
roisinkirby
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hello @mzimmerman @RDJ72 @Julianagrunwald my apologies for getting back to you late, this is something that is been reviewed by our Product teams. Stay tuned here for an update. Could you please provide details of the languages you are most in need of targeting?

Julianagrunwald
Membro

Hello @roisinkirby! No problem. The languages we need the most are Portuguese, Spanish and English.

Can you please let us know when it will be released?

Regards,

RDJ72
Membro

Hi @roisinkirby. We are not only looking at langauges, but to all targeting capabilities that Facebook and LinkedIn are offering. Location, age, gender, etc. 

See screenshots below on how it looks in Hootsuite - who are supporting the message targeting - for both Facebook and LinkedIn:

Screenshot Hootsuite Facebook targetingScreenshot Hootsuite Facebook targeting

Screenshot Hootsuite LinkedIn targeting capabilitiesScreenshot Hootsuite LinkedIn targeting capabilities

RDJ72
Membro

Hi @roisinkirby

roisinkirby

Hey @RDJ72 apologies for the delay here, I'm in the process of reaching out to our Product Team for feedback on the above. Stay tuned! Thank you. 

troelsfeodor
Top colaborador(a)

We use a single Facebook page where we post in multiple languages (which is quite common). To do that we use FB's "Audience Restriction" feature when posting.

This means we're unable to use Hubspot for publishing to Facebook which is a shame because we would like to make use of the content calendar and everything else in Hubspot social.

Can you add the ability to use the audience restriction?

RDJ72
Membro

Hi @roisinkirby, do you have an update from the Product Team yet? 

Camille
Membro

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing the same problem. My company works in French and English and I'd love to be able to target LinkedIn posts from Hubspot.

Right now, I cannot schedule anything in advance...

Buxert
Participante

Hi there,

We want the same thing. We need to define different translations/languages for each post on Facebook and LinkedIN.

vernierd
Participante | Parceiro Elite

I've been asking this for more than a year. This is way more important than the new interface and reporting.

I assume 80% of your customers must need more than one language. We need it for almost all our customers so we are not using it. When we present HubSpot to our leads they get excited until we tell them about the social media tool.

This is definitely the number one on our wish list. 

troelsfeodor
Top colaborador(a)

I had posted this in a separate thread: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Narrow-targeting-on-Facebook-post/idi-p/14257

@roisinkirby can you merge it with this one?

This is currently a show stopper for us - we cannot use Hubspot to post on Facebook even though we would like to. 

We need to be able to target countries for each post.

With the new social publishing tool changes I'm hopeful this is something you'll add soon?

RDJ72
Membro

Hi @roisinkirby, could you share an update of the discussion with the product team? Are they able to embed the targeting features for LinkedIn and Facebook in Hubspot like Hootsuite does? What is the status? When would the feature become available? 

Our possible rollout to other countries depends on it.

roisinkirby

Hello @RDJ72 @troelsfeodor @vernierd @Buxert I can confirm that this is a feature both HubSpot's social and localization product teams are evaluating but that at this time HubSpot does not have an ETA / development roadmap. Rest assured this does not mean that HubSpot is declining to build this feature, but that the product teams are in the process of quantifying demand, understanding the use cases / roadblocks / goals of users and determining how this could fit in with the overall roadmap of the Social product. 

The more votes this idea receives the better product management teams are able to quantify demand across HubSpot's user base. I also wanted to let you know that on our previous Ideas Forum this feature had a lot of votes that have also been recorded internally and taken into account. The comments and examples above are incredibly helpful - thank you. 

The status of this idea was previous at 'In Planning' and I sincerely apologise that this was an administrative mistake on my part. I am the process of evaluating how Status labels are used / could be improved - and I would love if you could send me your feedback directly. 'In Planning' means a feature is going to be built within the next quarter (that is not the case for this feature) but I am considering introducing a label e.g. 'Evaluating' that better communicates the status of the feature. 

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any further questions, concerns or feedback - again I apologise for my previous miscommunication on this thread. 

Thanks all. 

RDJ72
Membro

Thanks for the feedback @roisinkirby, that is really helpful. We will wait patiently to hear more about the planning then. 

One last remark: I think adopting the targeting capabilities of Facebook and LinkedIn are crucial for Hubspot to remain a competitive player in marketing technology, regardless of the number of votes in this community. 

vernierd
Participante | Parceiro Elite

Indeed, all of our content creators and social media experts will have a very happy day the day that goes live. And our sales people will be excited to finally be able to sell the social features of HubSpot. 

On top of that, I run the HubSpot User Group for Belgium and not one passes without a remark around the social publishing tool. I will be hosting one in 3 weeks where 70 people will be attending. I'll make sure everybody uses their votes for this feature. 

I noticed we have very few votes now but that is because HubSpot started using new technology for voting, right? We hade a lot of votes in the uservoice platform, no? 

roisinkirby

Hey @vernierd that's great to hear, please do send all interested parties from your HUG to this thread to vote!

We were unable to migrate votes from UserVoice to this platform, however we did record them and they will be taken into account. I'll see if I can find this number for you - stay tuned!

SvenVanbrabant
Colaborador(a)

Hello,

Any update on this?

We specifically need country targeting for our LinkedIn Company page.

Thansk!