HubSpot Ideas

rohansdeeson

Tags for Website Content

It would be great if we could use tags that are configured in blogs for standard website content, so that we can have blog posts shown that are relevant to content pages automatically. 

5 Replies
mariekewest
Contributor | Diamond Partner

That would be great!

magmar
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi, we have a similar request for almost every CMS project: Tag/categorize pages and add tag/category filters to the frontend, so that a user may select a tag/category and gets a list view of pages that match his choice. The only way that I know how to achieve this is to create the tags in HubDB and create an additional table that contains the page URL and the associated tags. We'd then create filter and list views for the frontend by queying the HubDB via Javascript/node.js.

But for the editor, this means, he/she has to edit this HubDB for every page that he/she wants to tag. It would be way easier if the user could tag the pages (like in the blog) from within the page editor. As far as I know, we could read the tags from HubDB within the module, but I don't know a way to write the selected tags/categories back into a HubDB which associates page and selected tags.  

A tagging / categorization system would make things a lot easier!

rohansdeeson
Top Contributor

@magmar Exactly, we are currently having to use the url structure to categorize content. 
Basically every other CMS includes some form of taxonomy to be able to categorise content, this is a simple addition that is something very important. 

mariekewest
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Nice to hear this new solution. Thanks @magmar !

But ofcourse it would be easier if HubSpot kan make tags available for websitecontent. 

magmar
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi, thanks for the feedback! I've created a new idea for this specific feature with some details, because this task here refers to the blog categories, whereas I suggest general CMS categories, so you can upvote is and add your suggestions:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Tags-Categories-for-CMS-pages/idi-p/455347