HubSpot Ideas

magmar

Tags / Categories for CMS pages

Hi, we have a similar request for almost every CMS project: Tag/categorize pages and add tag/category filters to the frontend, so that a user may select tags/categories and gets a list view of pages that match his choice. Tags would also be useful to display related pages based on tag/category. 

Categories with tree structures would even be better, because you could create categories based on totally different attributions, e.g. product categories, different topic categories, business/market segments for filtering content and much more.

The only way that I know how to achieve this is to create the tags in HubDB and create an additional table that contains the page URL and the associated tags. We'd then create filter and list views for the frontend by queying the HubDB via Javascript/node.js.

But for the editor, this means, he/she has to edit this HubDB for every page that he/she wants to tag. It would be way easier if categories/tags would be a native feature of the CMS, so that the user may edit the categories from within the page editor (see example screenshot illustration).

screen_hubspot_categories.png

11 Replies
FabianRichter
Contributor

This is exactly what I am looking for so long.
Hope this gets implemented soon.
I guess it is not the ideal UI-Design, maybe it should have something similar to the rest of the tag fields:

FabianRichter_0-1626082936722.png

magmar
Contributor | Platinum Partner

@FabianRichter Thanks for your feedback. You're right, The UX implementation would probably be better as a tag cloud, but in contrast to the blog tags, I'd strongly suggest to have a hierarchy for the categories, so that you can utilize different dimensions to categorize pages. This way you could use filter navigation to search for results of pages in a list view and you could also build a reference module that lists e.g. cards/teasers for other pages based on a category selection in the module. 
This way you could make a cross-reference between e.g. product pages and case study pages without having to build a HubDB table for cross-referencing.

JafetBaltodano

This feature will improve the opportunities to move some Wordpress websites out there... please this needs to be implemented soon. 

DBGNZ
Member | Gold Partner

@magmar I have a similar issue. We are looking at building a Hubspot site for a law firm who has 70+ lawyers, a number of partners and solicitors, 15 categories of legal services, multiple blog posts by many of the lawyers and three different office locations. We need visitors to the website to be able to filter by any of these e.g. partners in office location 1 that deal in property law. When they select a partner or lawyer based on those filters they need to see all their info along with all the blog posts they have written, followed by other blog posts in the area of property law. I'm assuming this can't be done via Hubspot CMS at this point in time?   

rohansdeeson
Top Contributor

Bumping this idea

Laurijn

Major bump! This would leverage the cms in a huge way! 

fvigeant
Participant

Another example of HS CMS playing catch up with other web platforms like WP 🙄 

SLane9

They responded to another post similar to this saying we only do this because WP has programmed us to do so... no it's just how categories and sub-categories work across way more than just websites 🙄 get it together, HubSpot.

fvigeant
Participant
That’s sad, HubSpot as a product is falling behind its competitors. I’m finding more and more legacy product issues especially in the CMS. The focus seems to be on new products not maintaining the current product.
EagleEyeKA

This would be a great feature. Admittedly, I expected something like this would already be available - especially given this idea was raised back in 2021 😟

ixt-user
Member | Platinum Partner

Great Feature. Please implement!