HubSpot Ideas

Cnadler

Tag users on LinkedIn in social tool

It would be great if HubSpot could add the ability to tag users on LinkedIn in the social puclishing tool.

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
February 23, 2024 11:27 AM

Re: Tag users on LinkedIn in social tool - changed to: Not Currently Planned
July 10, 2018 05:35 AM

We wish we could do this, but we're limited by LinkedIn's API which doesn't allow for tagging users. 

58 Replies
chelseapeyton

Yes! And to allow tagging on-photo for Instagram posts. 

cgibbons

Let LinkedIn know your users are still asking. We need this!!! 

michellelewis
Contributor

What is the workaround? Do I publish through Hubspot then edit in LI to add the tags? Why does LI allow tagging of companies but not connections?

KMB28
Participant

Yes please! 

SanneCaseNine

Please make this happen! That way I can actually use the planning tool👍

twinloger
Participant

yes, we often post corporate content from private linkedin accounts. We need to tag people (private linkedin accounts)

Raquelle

Tagging people from HubSpot would halve our workload on social. This feature is available in Hootsuite for both Twitter and LinkedIn accounts. I'm looking forward to an update - the original request began in 2017! What do you say HubSpot? 🙂

JHufford

Our team is forced to manually post each post because HS doesn't give us the ability to tag individuals. Seems like an easy fix with a big impact on social media teams.

Raquelle

Couldn't agree more 'JHufford'. This is long overdue. We've added comments to this post in July - could HubSpot please update us on progress. Thank you - Rach

SEngboHansen

Definitely need this! We're sharing content about our employees quite often, which means I have to go to our LinkedIn page manually to add them after I've put the content into HubSpot. Way too tedious.

Howie50
Participant

I agree, this would be so valuble and save us so much time as well! We currently do this for @ Mentions on: Twitter, FB, LinkedIn, Insta... It's pretty time consuming. 

Sarah_M
Participant

This is absolutely necessary!

HCliffe
Contributor

Tagging individuals is integral to our LinkedIn strategy. Please add this feature so we can start using hubspot to schedule.

tko
Contributor

Please add this feature or ask Linkedin to allow it again and again.
It does not make sense to plan all the posts in HubSpot and edit them manually after publishing. 

HHuegi

Chiming in here to see if there are any updates on this functionality?

JustineRandall

Can't believe this thread started back in 2017 and no action as yet. Seems like an essential piece of functionality. We all know Linkedin is about the personal connections. If we can't include tagged people then what's the point of using HubSpot to create and schedule posts?

HMoller

Please add this in! Would be so useful and save tons of time.

ambershafer
Participant

Any update on this?  I see posts from 2018 pointing to API limitations, but surely LinkedIn has updated their API by now?  And, if not, what pressure can be asserted on LI to surface this on their end.  It's literally a best practice, endorsed by LI, which we are trying to follow.

GMerckaert

Yes, please! That would make it so much easier to keep everyone involved up to date about the publications on Linkedin. 

TJPayne

Upvoting the heck out of this. Our team needs this functionality ASAP.