HubSpot Ideas

spogue

Tag Slack User when sending Slack notification in Workflows

Use Case: Whenever a new lead comes in, we send that lead to a slack channel for everyone to see. In that slack message, the BDR/SDR is tagged to alert the new lead eg "@JohnDoe has a new Lead". Zapier is currently doing this for me.

What I can't do in Hubspot that I'd like to: Ability to tag the owner/user's slack name within the slack message.  Currently, the options are to send the owner a message, but not tag the owner within the message (screenshot with current options attached).

Value/What this solves: 1-This removes a big reliance on Zapier. I use this feature on all of our new lead and meeting notifications. 2-The @-mention within the message gives visibility to everyone that the message has been sent and the owner is tagged appropriately.

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 11.51.23 AM.png

HubSpot-Updates
October 07, 2022 01:50 AM

@Flora 

17 Kommentare
PPereira
Teilnehmer/-in

Totally agree! There are so many use-cases for this:

• Alert on a channel tagging a user whenever one of their tasks becomes overdue
  • Alert on a channel tagging a user whenever the close date of a deal is within one week (or expires)
  • Alert on a channel tagging a user whenever a deal starts rotting
  • etc.

You can set that up with Zapier, but it would be great if that could be done natively via HubSpot.

RValverde
Mitglied

Totally agree ! This would be so convenient

BenWroe
Mitglied

Did you know you can do this? But you have to use the Slack ID and not the username.

You can find the slack ID by clicking on their profile, clicking the 3 dots next to Edit Status, and then clicking "Copy member ID". This will give you a string like this: U0CD2K6AZ

Screenshot 2022-06-22 at 11.40.05.png

Then in your workflow you need to format it like this: <@U0CD2K6AZ>

You need to start with <@ then the member ID then another >

I tested it and it works.

spogue
Stratege/Strategin

Thanks for replying @BEN . The idea is to dynamically tag based on ownership. Your idea is fine for a constant tag, but doesn't work when there's different owners that need tagging. This all can be done through webhooks/zapier, but would rather have Hubspot just implement the ability to dynamically tag users.

BenWroe
Mitglied

Ah, fair point. I set up an if/then branch based on contact owner. Then had the appropriate Slack tag for each owner applied. It works because we only have a few people but would be unwieldy for more.

BUslu
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

adding Slack ID as a deal property to deals and using them seems like the only option.

RiccardoPisani
Stratege/Strategin

@BenWroe hi there and thanks for sharing this soulution! Could you share more on it? I am trying it and could not manage to solve it! Thank you so much! Like, I don't understand where you put the ID and where you add it in the WF. Do you add it as message in the slack notification action?

BenWroe
Mitglied

@RiccardoPisani We only have 2 sales people; let's call them Jane & Steve. So I use a workflow to rotate leads between the 2 of them. Then I have an if/then branch looking at who owns the contact.

I have the Slack IDs for Jane & Steve written into a Slack notification. So then I send the appropriate Slack notification for the owner:

Screenshot 2022-07-12 at 12.39.09.png

Please ask if that's not clear.

RiccardoPisani
Stratege/Strategin

Great, thank you so much Ben - I tested it works 🙂

BenWroe
Mitglied

Great, glad I could help.

NazzMohammad
HubSpot-Produktteam

@Flora 

RiccardoPisani
Stratege/Strategin

@hubspotprodcut team - This is smth that is really needed as native functionality, pls 🙂 

kirstenmhb
Teilnehmer/-in

Amazing workaround @BenWroe !!! 🎉  Thanks! 

Unfortunately it create an overcomplexworkflow when there are multiple users and a dependency to update all workflows using this logic when new users added are added so having this functionality natively in Hubspot would benefit our team immensely. We use Slack notifications to notify our BDRs (+ BDR team manager on responsiblilities) when a prospect downloads an ebook and tagging them in Slack via a Hubspot workflow would mean they can passively just react to tags rather than having to relying on their memory to check the channel every day. 

Amabel
Mitglied

This feature is becoming very critical for us as we scale as a company - because of the lack of permissioning and controls in hubspot we use slack alerts to send messages in channels to notify of a mistake or error on a deal. We want alerts to go into group channels for visibility and not send them only to the deal owners - not being able to tag people means that alerts can get missed

JKing92
Mitglied

This would help us manage our users better using Slack to notify if something has been missed by our teams. 

@BenWroe Great suggestion! Will take a look into how this can help us. Thanks

MPackard3
Mitglied

Huge up vote to this. I have been relying on zapier for years to trigger slack messages that actually tag users in slack.

Simple solution: create a user property in Hubspot that Slack IDs can be stored (and ideally capture and fill slack IDs automatically with the slack<>hubspot integration) 

TonyCC
Teilnehmer/-in

We use HS<>Slack integration to notify both individual users AND Slack groups (Ex: @support-team) for various functions. Being able to leverage tagging in the integration would be incredibly valuable.