HubSpot Ideas

nriley

Sync with Google Contacts

Migrated from legacy ideas forum with 146 votes.  

I'd love to see 2 way synch to google contacts as an option.
Many apps use google contacts. For example, Evernote app has a business card scan function. Take a picture of a business card and it can add the details to your phone contacts. This can then synch to Google contacts. By just having the ability to sync from google contacts to Hubspot you gain this business card scan functionality.

If a contact has a new email or phone number, I need this on my phone, so a change in Hubspot CRM should be synched to google contacts.

I consider this to be fundamental, and this functionality exists in the Insightly free CRM - I am surprised I couldn't find a request for this (apologies if I have missed it).

101 Replies
SeanMcProperty
Participant

This is super important to me as well. However, I don't necessarily want to sync all. So an option to sync a contact based on a property setting or settings (i.e. a checkbox) would be ideal.

MatthiasM

This would be an extremely useful tool

iainranu
Participant

I found a solution last night.  Use Automate.io

I got sick of Zapier not being able to solve it.  They always responded quickly but just sent me aroud in circles and now I know why.  After a week of trying with Zapier, we got nowhere.  Within 5 minutes of switching to Automate.io, I had a 2 way create new / modify sync between Hubspot and Google Contacts.

It was so easy with the right tool.  Zapier has the big name but they are dropping features (for example the ability to have 2 phone numbers and also to use the google Contact group labels!!  **bleep**!!

Don't just focus on Zapier, there are better solutions out there.

Let's not forget that Hubspot should have fixed this in the first instance and not left it to API apps to tidy up their mess.

SabriMostafa

+1 It's a Good Tools and it's already available in many Application as she mentions, So please we need it urgently.

EmanuelTavares
Participant

Hi @iainranu

Very interesting your post and I visited the Automate.io website.

But I verified that on the free plan we can have just 250 actions per month. That is correct?

Are you using a paid plan?

Thanks a lot,

Emanuel

iainranu
Participant

What's the cost of not doing it? 

You can get it for free but I paid the $25pm one for extra bots.

talktotrey
Contributor

I am not a coder, I am a Sales Person.  But smarter people than I are saying, "This is not a hard problem to fix."

I'm tired of waiting for HubSpot/anyone else to provide a reasonable solution.  

Just finished a meeting and have agreement with a development team here in Austin build the App. Paying for it myself. 

ATT:  Everyone interested in a Web Based App to sync Google Contacts to HubSpot:

• Custom built for HubSpot & Google
  • bidirectional and real-time
  • w/ custom fields
  • unlimited for cheap
    • (Cost = not sure yet, but it will be cheaper than everyone else.  I just want the costs covered. )

ACTION:  If you want in, Email me to get on the list of users = hspotsync at gmail dot com

n.- HubSpot Brass, if you want to fund this or will build it yourself (and get it done in the next 3-6 months) let me know so I can get back to my real job.   

All:  It's time.  Let's get this Done!

- Trey Carrico 

talktotrey
Contributor

n.- This is a copy of another post I just made:

I am not a coder, I am a Sales Person.  But smarter people than I are saying, "This is not a hard problem to fix."

I'm tired of waiting for HubSpot/anyone else to provide a reasonable solution.  

Just finished a meeting and have agreement with a development team here in Austin build the App. Paying for it myself. 

ATT:  Everyone interested in a Web Based App to sync Google Contacts to HubSpot:

• Custom built for HubSpot & Google
  • bidirectional and real-time
  • w/ custom fields
  • unlimited for cheap
    • (Cost = not sure yet, but it will be cheaper than everyone else.  I just want the costs covered. )

ACTION:  If you want in, Email me to get on the list of users = hspotsync at gmail dot com

n.- HubSpot Brass, if you want to fund this or will build it yourself (and get it done in the next 3-6 months) let me know so I can get back to my real job.   

All:  It's time.  Let's get this Done!

- Trey Carrico 

hubspotlove
Contributor

I'd like to sync Hubspot Contacts with Google contacts. What's the hold-up?  Everyone else does this already except Hubspot.

If there are additional features beyond that I'm sure that could be worked on over time, but just get the simple sync taken care of, that's all we really want right now.

talktotrey
Contributor

#HubSpot Love, 

If it is not that important to you and you were just venting I understand. 

If you want to get on the list of beta user for the tool I am having built, 

email me:  hspotsync at gmail dot com

If nobody signs up, then I am building it for myself, which is fine.

But if you want access, let me know. 

Thanks, 

Trey 

fulthy
Participant

+1

talktotrey
Contributor

+1.  Please HubSpot

gonzblanco
Participant

Please Hubspot! 

+1 on this

hammad88
Participant

+1

ORoberts
Participant

+10

luk3000

+1

markkofman
Top Contributor

While this feature is still not part of the HubSpot product, you can use a 3rd party integration built by Import2 (Premier Partner) - https://wizard.import2.com/apps/hubspot/google-contacts-sync

blinkertoon
Contributor

FYI previous link didn't work for me, so here it is again just in case:

https://wizard.import2.com/apps/hubspot/google-contacts-sync

danwood

+1

fulthy
Participant

thanks markkofman and blinkertoon.  import2 this seems to be working well for me.