HubSpot Ideas

CoachAaronCCR

Sync property values between Contact, Company and Deal Records

Would love the ability from within at least the Sales side of things to automatically map/populate Deal Properties from a Contact's properties. We came over from Salesforce where this could be done in conversion, and this is definitely an area we miss having & would make life MUCH smoother for our staff upon creating deals.

HubSpot-Updates
Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
August 03, 2023 06:59 AM

Hi folks,

I’m Shay, the Product Manager for HubSpot’s Properties.

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. I'm happy to report that this Idea is now In Planning! This means that our engineers are actively building this feature.

The product development process is always filled with unexpected bumps and hurdles, so I can't give a timeline, but I am confident in saying we'll deliver this feature as soon as possible.

All updates will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Best,

Shay

December 16, 2021 06:48 AM

@ClemOaky you're correct - we're in the process of backfilling those values for the deal and company object. When that happens, that should get us much closer to being able to solve the issue the author raised.

February 18, 2020 06:51 AM

Hi Community!

CJ from the Product Design team at HubSpot.

We are beginning to plan how to best solve the problem of syncing property values between object records in HubSpot to meet the needs of our customers. 

We would love to hear your thoughts or feedback on how we can improve your experience.

Take the survey here!

196 Kommentare
kkashiva616
Teilnehmer/-in

Absolutely needed. Current workaround of copying properties across objects is just bad database design (aka database denormalization).

Leads to update anomalies if the workflow doesn't work or is only one-way. If workflow is 2-way, can cause loops.

BTW Salesforce solves for this using Lookup fields. Basically instead of 'copying by value' it just shows the value 'by reference' from the related object.

erikaleana
Teilnehmer/-in

So far we haven't found a solve for this, so I'm so glad that this is actively being built!!

@MayPascaud Another use case I'm running into is how a brokerage firm client of ours wants to sync information between a Deal and a custom object called Business Listing. Although their sales team isn't as power users of HubSpot, the sales and support team work together and update different pieces of information on BOTH records that are ideally in sync.

Looking forward to this rollout! 🙌🏻

JJameson
Mitglied

How has the ability to sync properties between objects been in planning and development for 6+ years?

Suzanne33
Teilnehmer/-in

Yes! Instead of creating workflows for everything, this would be amazing.

kkashiva616
Teilnehmer/-in

I believe there's a Beta out which does this now. Seems to be limited to only Company properties as a source which can be synced to the associated contact or deal.

WolfofTryon
Mitglied

6+ years into this, Hubspot. Is this feature coming? Or not? 

FFindeis
Mitglied

@hubspot Is there any update regarding this feature

TArens
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi everyone,

I also need a way to synchronise properties. In my case, however, this should work bidirectionally. We have a partner business and the initiation alone up to the signing of the contract can take up to 1 year. I would therefore like to keep properties synchronised between companies and these deals. However, my workaround keeps causing loops. Do you have a working workflow to synchronise properties bidirectionally?

Best regards
Tobi

tmitch_sona
Teilnehmer/-in

Commenting to be notified when this is available - urgently needed.

n12morris
Mitglied

@shajones How is this coming along? I was reading through this thread and it's quite extensive. I would think this would be a simple 2 stepper to prevent the need for workflows. Could be over simplifying but...

1. The same property would need to exist for different objects.
  2. The option to sync to other objects would exist on a property when creating or editing.
  3. The sync could be bi-directional I suppose but some may not want that workflow. Could be a nice option to control if a deal updates a company, for example, but a company doesn't update a deal.

n12morris_0-1710117853870.png

Best

Nathan

NSepp
Mitglied

Hello @shajones, is there any update on the timeline of having this idea implemented? 

PROQUES
Mitglied
NSepp
Mitglied

Hi @PROQUES, I cannot find that beta under the product updates in our account though.. 

PROQUES
Mitglied

It may be available only for certain user/subscription. Talk to your CSM, you will have more information.

RDurrance
Mitglied

@PROQUES  I think the beta you pointed to is unrelated. That beta is about syncing deal properties to like fields in 3rd party applications. This request is for syncing properties from one hubspot object to another. Example Contact<->Deal, Contact<->Company, Company<->Deal.  I might want/need "Postal Code" as a field in both my contact and related deal records to be synced bidirectionally.

PROQUES
Mitglied

Hi, @RDurrance @NSepp , yes i'm really talking about a property sync between multiple object. Please find below a screenshot. Its beta released on November 29.

Capture d’écran 2024-03-21 à 09.07.44.png