HubSpot Ideas

CoachAaronCCR

Sync property values between Contact, Company and Deal Records

Would love the ability from within at least the Sales side of things to automatically map/populate Deal Properties from a Contact's properties. We came over from Salesforce where this could be done in conversion, and this is definitely an area we miss having & would make life MUCH smoother for our staff upon creating deals.

HubSpot Updates
December 16, 2021 06:48 AM

@ClemOaky you're correct - we're in the process of backfilling those values for the deal and company object. When that happens, that should get us much closer to being able to solve the issue the author raised.

February 18, 2020 06:51 AM

Hi Community!

CJ from the Product Design team at HubSpot.

We are beginning to plan how to best solve the problem of syncing property values between object records in HubSpot to meet the needs of our customers. 

We would love to hear your thoughts or feedback on how we can improve your experience.

Take the survey here!

164 Replies
adamkushner
Participant | Partner

5 years and this thread still has no action by Hubspot?

MWachstock9

Going to say the same thing today...Oct 30, 2022. 

adamkushner
Participant | Partner
It's so much work to build workflows to accomplish this.
And just a shame that each Hubspot account would have to buy Pro and build
it.

JZdechlik

We have this need in regard to the Company / Contact relationship.  There is a lot of metadata that is common to every member of a company (e.g. Industry, we have a custom 'Type' that dictates if the company is a customer, vendor, competitor, personal, other, etc.).

The problem is that if I want to create a custom view for someone to say call all of the contacts in the 'Automotive' Industry, there is no way of seeing the 'Industry' data field in a 'Contacts' list.  It doesn't make sense to have to fill in or even replicate the 'Industry' Company field to the Contact field when we all know it is just a simple SQL join between those tables.

The Hubspot automations all seem to be of the data replication paradigm, which just doesn't make sense to me in most instances, when it should be a link.

Hopefully, I'm just missing some super obvious feature.  Would love some help.