HubSpot Ideas

CoachAaronCCR

Sync property values between Contact, Company and Deal Records

Would love the ability from within at least the Sales side of things to automatically map/populate Deal Properties from a Contact's properties. We came over from Salesforce where this could be done in conversion, and this is definitely an area we miss having & would make life MUCH smoother for our staff upon creating deals.

196 Replies
TimWheeler79

I've built the workflows you are referencing @warrendavey. They are cumbersome, to say the least, but you're right. They are a workaround until someone pays attention to this thread from 2017. Creating a universal property that could be used in companies, contacts, and deals would be perfection.

SDay
Participant

Hi all, 

I have looked through this thread and others, and also chatted with Hubspot support and have been told that what I'm trying to do isn't possible which seems so odd because it is so simple. 

Essentially, I need to copy company properties onto deals. I've created workflows to copy a few fields (postal code, number of employees) onto the company's associated deals. The first one worked great. However, the workflows only triggered on the first deal. 

Re-enrollment don't give me the option to re-enroll a company each time a new deal is created. Support has told me this isn't possible. 

Is there a workaround for this? I'm fairly new to workflows and this seems like something that should be so simple but I'm really struggling.

TimWheeler79

@SDay, you could trigger reenrollment with known Associated Deals.

SDay
Participant

@TimWheeler79 it's saying I can't use that for reenrollment.

TimWheeler79

@SDay, you can totally use that to reenroll:

TimWheeler79_0-1630531114542.png

SDay
Participant

@TimWheeler79 You're right and I figured that out, thank you for the screenshot! But new deals are still not pulling in the copied data -- I can only run it manually and have it apply. Any ideas?

mfoldager

@SDay there are a few ways I could imagine doing it:

• Run a workflow that will trigger each time a new deal is created
    Let that deal set a property on company level - e.g. a date like "Newest Deal Creation Date"
    Create a workflow on the company level that will trigger when "Newest Deal Creation Date" is "Known", and let it re-enroll on that

• Not sure if this works, but I believe that there is a "Number of associated deals" property, which you might be able to enroll on. So say "Number of associated deals" is "Known", trigger workflow. That should update whenever the number of deals change.
andrew_thomas
Participant

This would be fabulous to have for all object types!!!

nick_zinc

We have a relatively straight forward use case, but annoying none the less.

Basically our companies and contacts each have 3 hubspot user properties that we use. We have Sales Representative, Implied Sales Representative, and Customer Service Representative.

These hubspot user properties are set at the company level, and need to be synced to the contact record. 

Currently this requires about 9 workflows to accomplish. So a simple "Sync" would be great.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are still starting to use HubSpot, but from this point of view, we could see that two-way sync between some Contact and Company custom properties would be a time saver. Thanks!

ClemOaky
Participant

Am I correct in assuming that with the newly announced "Latest source" property that will also be added to Deal and Company, we are getting very close to a solution here?

Or am I completely off? @dmastin 

@charronmatthews any update?

dmastin
HubSpot Product Team

@ClemOaky you're correct - we're in the process of backfilling those values for the deal and company object. When that happens, that should get us much closer to being able to solve the issue the author raised.

inigolekunberri
Participant | Diamond Partner

+1 this is a must

inigolekunberri
Participant | Diamond Partner

+1. Very interesting to be applied also to custom objects. 

mrspabs
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

I'd like to do this on tickets too

NGallagher

Posting here after working with a customer who is looking to do something similar. It would be very helpful to be able to do this with tickets as well. 

MW96
Participant

It's a pain in the **bleep** that this does not exist. Build cross-object syncs with workflows is just messy and unreliable. Please add synced properties ASAP!

enniszd
Participant

I would love the ability to sync contact names based on buying properties to a particluar deal.

Example - I have built a MEDDIC rating and scoring system for each deal (right side in its own section under the deal).  In each deal the rep has to type in the name of the Economic Buyer and the Champion(s).  

What would be great.  Is if the contact is added to that deal and the buying properities are set to Champion and/or Economic Buyer that those are automatically filled in or changed in the MEDDIC rating system.

gil1001
Top Contributor
This is an excellent example. In face I wanted to have these built into deals years ago and Hubspot keeps ignoring this ideas
Daniel_13
Participant

+1 this would be very helpful maintaining this is a real pain point