HubSpot Ideas

CoachAaronCCR

Sync property values between Contact, Company and Deal Records

Would love the ability from within at least the Sales side of things to automatically map/populate Deal Properties from a Contact's properties. We came over from Salesforce where this could be done in conversion, and this is definitely an area we miss having & would make life MUCH smoother for our staff upon creating deals.

196件のコメント
mfoldager
メンバー

I strongly support this idea.

We cannot do essential things like requiring a company property to be filled out before being able to move a deal to a certain stage. Same goes for the way that workflows currently work, we are simply unable to get certain information into a workflow since it's stored in say a company property and we are running a deal workflow. 

Dedupely
投稿者

We've built a product that aids in syncing properties across records in HubSpot - https://whycopy.com/

mbinmasoud
投稿者

@Dedupely  that sounds amazing, but even your highest tier could be an issue for a company our size.

I'd love for HubSpot to support this natively, especially for Enterprise. 

gil1001
トップ投稿者

Hubspot it has been about 3 years since this request was published. Any update on when/if it will be available?

ClemOaky
参加者

The fact that whole companies have built products specifically to solve this and are able to charge up to 160$ for it kinda proves our point and illustrates there is a real lack here, right? Please Hubspot, let's make this happen.

https://whycopy.com/

Dedupely
投稿者

@ClemOaky Question to you (and all here). What would you actually pay to have this problem solved in the meantime while waiting for it to come to HubSpot? We're still trying to figure out pricing for this, so none of this is set in stone yet. 

gil1001
トップ投稿者

@Dedupely I wouldn't. We solve it by creating workflows that do it in Hubspot, it is just a pain to do it.

jpalarcon
投稿者

It is definitely a must. I already left the corresponding feedback in the form.
I hope we have this feature soon !!!

Hybrice1
メンバー

We achieve this by creating workflows to copy the required information from company, to contact, to deal etc. 

Pre-requisites - Property on Contact, Deal and Company must match

Workflow 1 

If Contact Property X is known, copy value to Company Property X

Workflow 2

If Contact Property X is known. copy value to Deal Property X

This means anything you put in a contact property will sync across company and Deal, works for us and you can tweak it how you like, of course. 

mfoldager
メンバー

@Hybrice1 that works until someone decides to input it on the company or deal level instead.

I think Hubspot has some measures in place so you can create the reverse workflows as well and they won't loop, but it still isn't as good as having a property that just syncs no matter what.

DavidSPW
参加者 | Elite Partner

Either sync data or allow contact views to use properties stored in related company and deal records.

ステータスに更新: Being Reviewed
JoeMayall
元HubSpot社員

Hi folks!

Our product is currently exploring how to solve the problem of syncing property values between object records in HubSpot.

You can help us out by leaving your thoughts and feedback 
on this survey here!

Best!
Joe
Ideas Forum Manager

vmcgee
投稿者 | Diamond Partner

Thanks @JoeMayall  I just filled out your form with more details. I have a current project I'm working on where this is needed. 

FelipeFelix
トップ投稿者

Would love to see this working soon. Now my company needs to have a lot of workflows just to pass data from one object to another.

Manasach
メンバー

It would be lot easiear and faster if some of the contact properties continuously synchronize with companies and delas properites.

For example when i do bulk upload of contacts, companies are creates by the domain from email. The domian attribute should be automatically populate for Deals and Companies as well.

graceotaiza
参加者

+1

Capslock
参加者

@JoeMayall Hey Joe, any update regarding progress here? 
We too would like contact propertites to sync to deal properties automatically (once mapped). 

Thanks 🙂

ClemOaky
参加者

Absolutely agree with you! It seems like this EXTREMELY popular idea is already there with a LOT of upvotes: 

1. https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Sync-property-values-between-Contact-Company-and-Deal...
ClemOaky
参加者

Hi @JoeMayall and @charronmatthews , almost one year after the first survey was sent out. 

Any update about this for us to start 2021 with a smile 😊

cdorsey
投稿者

I think a great option would be to give users the option to choose which properties they would like to sync across which records - this would allow for the flexibility in situations where this might not be the necessary course of action, but would solve the matter for so many of us that need this functionality. Maybe even make it one of the company default settings for properties.